Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

33 minutes ago, jarren said:

Brown + Grant = 12.5/y 

ARob = 14.5/y 

What is Ozzie thinking? 

Apparently, he's thinking, 'I'm gonna take it easy in my last year. Just sign who the hell ever.'

I had to look this guy up, and I still don't think I've ever seen him play before.

$29M for a receiver who has never had a 100 yard game? Are we sure this is real life? We are only supposed to be bad at DRAFTING wide receivers.

I can't imagine how we look back on this 2 years from now and everyone's initial reaction is wrong. 

I like Grant for what he is, but uh...this is a bit weird.  Especially when we're staring down the barrel of a draft absolutely loaded with similar-ish type of players.  Who would obviously come much cheaper, on rookie deals.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

If I'm a Bears fan I'm feeling like we got the steal of the century with Robinson. That's insane money for a very average receiver. 

How are you a bears fan, lee Evans? This is news to me 

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I like Grant for what he is, but uh...this is a bit weird.  Especially when we're staring down the barrel of a draft absolutely loaded with similar-ish type of players.  Who would obviously come much cheaper, on rookie deals.

Do you mean 4th WR on a bad receiving corps?   Remember he only got on the field and got targets because Pryor sucked that hard and Crowder was hurt a fair bit IIRC  

Or do you mean the luckiest guy in FA so far?   

If Ozzie was going to spend that kind of scratch make a better offer to Moncrief. Or save it for Jordy.   But...Ryan Grant? 

Jeez. 

Archived