Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I like Grant for what he is, but uh...this is a bit weird.  Especially when we're staring down the barrel of a draft absolutely loaded with similar-ish type of players.  Who would obviously come much cheaper, on rookie deals.

Yea, I don't really care about cap space that much. It's incredibly overrated by the fans and media, and the Ravens are in stronger shape, with very little dead money, the next couple years.

But, I'm worried about how this is going to affect their approach to the draft. They always find a way not to take offensive skill position players. 

31 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, I don't really care about cap space that much. It's incredibly overrated by the fans and media, and the Ravens are in stronger shape, with very little dead money, the next couple years.

But, I'm worried about how this is going to affect their approach to the draft. They always find a way not to take offensive skill position players. 

after not taking a WR in the draft this year until the 5th round

"Well, as you know, we acquired two very solid WR pieces in FA this year, so we felt we could go elsewhere in the early rounds of the draft and we ultimately liked the players who fell to us in those rounds"

Those players are ultimately going to be at least one interior OL who will not play, a DE/DT who will be cut, and probably a TE.

20 hours ago, The LBC said:

People are missing the genius of this signing.  Grant, Smoke Brown, Campanaro, Wallace (is he a FA or is he still under-contract?)... it's going to be All-PI-play, ALL THE TIME!:D

Both Campanaro and Wallace are free agents.

Archived