Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

Don't rain on a good parade! 

If we don't know that Russians sabotage elections and what not, nobody needs to know if a papercut voided this deal! icon_lol.gif

Hope there actually is something wrong with Grant. This is something that'll result in a loss of draft pick(s).

5 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Hope there actually is something wrong with Grant. This is something that'll result in a loss of draft pick(s).

Absolutely, if it can be proven it's bogus.   Because this also kills any value Grant can get in FA.   He wasn't worth the $, but now he'd be lucky to get half that, if there's a supposed "knee" issue.   

@The LBC - title change is in order lol.  Go nuts on it!

Just now, Broncofan said:

Absolutely, if it can be proven it's bogus.   Because this also kills any value Grant can get in FA.   He wasn't worth the $, but now he'd be lucky to get half that, if there's a supposed "knee" issue.   

I cannot recall, but if they win the grievance, is it possible they force the Ravens to take Grant on based on the accepted terms?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I cannot recall, but if they win the grievance, is it possible they force the Ravens to take Grant on based on the accepted terms?

No idea, but that would be the fair outcome if the void is bogus.  I think they'd also lose a pretty high pick.   Certainly this would count as a serious cap violation.

Disclaimer - I'm no legal expert, and while I keep up to date on cap situations, I have no idea on where things stand legally.  Someone with an actual legal background AND knowledge of how this would work can chime in lol.  We'd all LOVE to know.

I feel bad for Grant.  He wasn't worth the deal he got but that was a life changing contract for him and then to have it ripped out from under him like that.  Ravens doing him wrong.  Come back to the Redskins on a 1-year $4 mil deal Ryan.

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

@The LBC - title change is in order lol.  Go nuts on it!

Maybe so. Raiders did the same thing with Saffold, but that dude is always hurt so it was understandable.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No idea, but that would be the fair outcome if the void is bogus.  I think they'd also lose a pretty high pick.   Certainly this would count as a serious cap violation.

not only is it shady like I said but imagine this agent or any of his agent buddies thoughts on dealing with the ravens now.

Archived