Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

Anyone expecting/hoping for the Ravens to be punished for this somehow will be dissappointed. I have no fear of being quoted on this. It's not one of the first 20 times a trade or signing has been killed because of a physical evalutaion.

Could it potentially be scummy and/or convenient? Yes.

But, a deal's not a deal until it's signed.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Shocker it doesn’t seem fishy to you

Sorry man forgot you were behind the scenes on this one and have all of the information within an hour of this news ? can't wait till this ankle actually shows reason enough to be flagged on a physical. till then continue to speculate ;)

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Anyone expecting/hoping for the Ravens to be punished for this somehow will be dissappointed. I have no fear of being quoted on this. It's not one of the first 20 times a trade or signing has been killed because of a physical evalutaion.

Could it be scummy and/or convenient? Yes.

Oh I'm sure the Ravens will get away with it. The Redskins aren't (or more specifically, Dan Snyder isn't) liked enough in league circles to get the rules to break their way.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

That's a very fair and balanced take for a Ravens fan.   The burden would be to prove there is nothing that could fail a physical right @mse326?

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Sorry man forgot you were behind the scenes on this one and have all of the information within an hour of this news ? can't wait till this ankle actually shows reason enough to be flagged on a physical. till then continue to speculate ;)

Congratulations on finding a way to back out of the worst contract of 2018. 

Just now, Woz said:
Just now, wackywabbit said:

Oh I'm sure the Ravens will get away with it. The Redskins aren't (or more specifically, Dan Snyder isn't) liked enough in league circles to get the rules to break their way.

Oh wait, did I just imply that the powers that be interpret the rules in a biased manner? Please excuse me.

But it’s not okay for a player or coach to back out lol let’s be real here. There is no other reason other than Crabtree became available so they coward away and backed out. But I’m surrre they’ll find something in his physical to deny the deal. I really hope Crabtree becomes a giant bust for the Ravens if that’s the case

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

"Hey Ryan we noticed your cholesterol was a little high in our physical exam. We're going to have to fail you and void our deal. Keep your head up though, other teams may pass you, like 31 of them."

That's exactly what this looks like 

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's a very fair and balanced take for a Ravens fan.   The burden would be to prove there is nothing that could fail a physical right @mse326?

Burdens are always fishy and aside from criminal trials I generally don't find them generally useful. Especially in a case like this the burden would probably be one of preponderance but that as a practical matter then is only relevant if the evidence gives an exact 50-50 proposition. Technically I'd say yes. It's also important that the league will likely give heavy deference to the team doctors because just because one doctor says it's ok doesn't mean all will. Every team may have different physical standards and risk they are willing to take so there likely would have to be absolutely nothing there.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Burdens are always fishy and aside from criminal trials I generally don't find them generally useful. Especially in a case like this the burden would probably be one of preponderance but that as a practical matter then is only relevant if the evidence gives an exact 50-50 proposition. Technically I'd say yes. It's also important that the league will likely give heavy deference to the team doctors because just because one doctor says it's ok doesn't mean all will. Every team may have different physical standards and risk they are willing to take so there likely would have to be absolutely nothing there.

ok browns your up! now its time to sign  Grant and have him pass a physical tomorrow morning lol

Archived