Bears expected to bring Prince Amukamara back

CBears019

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Prince got some PAY-PER doe... 3 years/$27 million/around $18 million guaranteed.

There was a reason why teams kept throwing Kyles way even though he was playing great.  Prince cant find the football, but he is nearly always right where he is supposed to be.  This is all about keeping the defense in tact and focusing on fixing the offense this year.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There was a reason why teams kept throwing Kyles way even though he was playing great.  Prince cant find the football, but he is nearly always right where he is supposed to be.  This is all about keeping the defense in tact and focusing on fixing the offense this year.

He does have some injury concerns but this seems to be a straight forward pay a guy deal that isn't totally ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yup.  He is not flashy but he is solid in every way except for getting takeaways.  Thats certainly better in my mind than someone who is opportunistic but can't cover.  The money seems high, I would guess there is an easy way out after year 1 or year 2 so that we can save on the cap hit down the line, the Bears have been great at structuring those contracts with a way out.

This is quietly one of best signings they made.  Prince was best overall corner on team last year and gives the team their secondary back for continuity.  

No point, or less of a point,  in bringing back defensive staff if you have all new players.  

This leaves edge rusher as glaring primary need.   

56 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I like Amukamara as a player, and I also enjoy Joe Buck and the like butchering his name creatively.  

"And Princess Amanakama was all over that one"
"Not getting that ball, not if Pants Ankamamako has anythign to say about it"

Joe Buck is a total tool but I’ll bet he’s awesome to party with. I just picture it being like one of the party montages from Get Him to the Greek.

42 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Joe Buck is a total tool but I’ll bet he’s awesome to party with. I just picture it being like one of the party montages from Get Him to the Greek.

those damn PMT boys changing my opinion on everybody they interview

Actually, I thought Joe Buck was pretty funny and self effacing when he appeared on Brockmire.

If you enjoy absurd humor, foulness, and Hank Azaria, Brockmire is a great show.  It's about a prototypically voiced baseball announced with some serious darkness in his life, and it's funny because the character is aware of how warped his life is, and he also talks in announcer-speak in his daily life. Also Amanda Peet

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The good news with all the offensive playmakers the Bears have signed so far they can now have a defensive heavy draft. They need some real help at all the LB positions. The edge rush needs both depth and another rush threat. When ever DT is out the Bears defense suffers so ILB is a need.

Archived