2017 Season Thread

kyle21121

the way the Chargers have been playing so far this season they may not have to pay too big a price to have Sam Darnold as potential draft pick next year, but then again this is only week 3 and the game isn't over yet

I understand a lot of people in LA have not taken too kindly to the Chargers moving in, having them draft local hero and USC QB Darnold would score the Chargers a lot of points with the city

0-3... This season is already falling apart, I knew it would be a tough first 8 games but the way our offense is playing I'm less and less optimistic about how this season unfolds. Rivers today looked like he has lost some of his arm strength, he had a horrible day and we can't blame the line because they seemed to play well against a D who has been putting a lot of pressure on QBs. As a huge Rivers fan since his freshman days at NCSU, I am starting to come to terms with it being time to look towards the future. Maybe bringing in a local guy like Darnold would bring some Chargers fans to the games so the team could actually have a home field advantage for once! I get sick of seeing so many opponents jerseys in the crowd and it being basically a road game atmosphere. 

I was cautiously optimistic about this season... I see I've been proven wrong in a mere 3 weeks.

Yep it's over I had a sliver of hope at 0-3 and tried the reverse jinx gameday thread. The talent is there the execution is not. This is bad and no home field and a bad coach hiring and just so many other factors Gus Bradley is awful every year I looked at Jacksonvilles defense and said wow these guys could be really good and then the year he leaves they are idk why I thought he was a solid hire. 

I'm really tempted to stop being a chargers fan/stop watching because I know it's not going to get any better until Spanos somehow isn't the owner anymore but by then Rivers will have retired and we'll have moved to St.Louis and call ourselves something ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm really tempted to stop being a chargers fan/stop watching because I know it's not going to get any better until Spanos somehow isn't the owner anymore but by then Rivers will have retired and we'll have moved to St.Louis and call ourselves something ridiculous.

I think we've all thought about it. It's a very tough decision I love this team despite everything but it's really hard. The move was a disaster they shouldn't have left but I expected it to be a litter smoother than it has been though. This is just brutal. 

It makes it easier when your pissed about multiple things.

Front office consistently forcing new head coaches to keep assistants from previous regimes.

The NFL’s zero tolerance for domestic violence caught on video and released to the public.

Chargers moving to Los Angeles for no other reason then it makes the Spanos richer.  

Junior Seau’s death and the CTE funding fiasco by the NFL.

The NFL being a political commentary now. 

Lastly, the Chargers might in fact be even worse then I initially predicted. 

On 10/1/2017 at 5:00 PM, Zappaz said:

So.... Darnold or Rosen? Maybe Jackson? .... 

*goes back to crying in the corner*

They'll still manage to put together enough wins to miss out on Darnold and Rosen... engh... exciting sure, but he's way, waaaay more of project than people give him credit for being but he does have the pseudo-arrogance you want from a QB (of course, you also want polish and skill to go with that trait too).  That said, sitting Zach Randolph behind Rivers for a season and then turning him loose wouldn't be something to sniff at.

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

They'll still manage to put together enough wins to miss out on Darnold and Rosen... engh... exciting sure, but he's way, waaaay more of project than people give him credit for being but he does have the pseudo-arrogance you want from a QB (of course, you also want polish and skill to go with that trait too).  That said, sitting Zach Randolph behind Rivers for a season and then turning him loose wouldn't be something to sniff at.

1860meytyau5tjpg.jpg

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

1860meytyau5tjpg.jpg

Well, I mean he couldn't be much worse than Rivers has been this season thus far, can he?

But yes... you know I meant Mason Rudolph.. even if I did somehow have a Zac Robinson flashback and allow that to steer me horribly wrong.

35 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Well, I mean he couldn't be much worse than Rivers has been this season thus far, can he?

But yes... you know I meant Mason Rudolph.. even if I did somehow have a Zac Robinson flashback and allow that to steer me horribly wrong.

Ouch very ouch but yea I knew who you meant haha. Z-Bo still doing his thing I think he's on Sacramento now and he may be older than Phil.  

Im not sure how I feel about Mason Rudolph. I haven't seen enough but he does seem like a guy that should sit for a year or two anyways and would fit into the plan as I see Phil playing at least 2 more years but maybe not after that. 

This team is probably gonna win 4-6 games somehow and pull off an upset over NE and then lose to the Browns or something. We won't be in the Rosen/Darnold chase even if we should be considering that. It's looking like a bleak season. 

I still think that they do the big splash trade to get one of the top QBs especially if its one of the local guys. As long as we're picking top 10 I think they will try to move up and honestly wouldn't blame them to try to get a local guy to help attendance numbers. Sure would be nice to see the Chargers have a home field advantage for once, I'm kinda jealous when we go to a place like KC and that sea of red in the stadium.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:04 AM, DingoLadd said:

The only reason I haven't left the chargers is because I don't wanna be a bandwagon fan, but if we do change names somehow, I'm burning everything

Archived