2017 Season Thread

kyle21121

On 10/5/2017 at 5:44 AM, Zappaz said:

I still think that they do the big splash trade to get one of the top QBs especially if its one of the local guys. As long as we're picking top 10 I think they will try to move up and honestly wouldn't blame them to try to get a local guy to help attendance numbers. Sure would be nice to see the Chargers have a home field advantage for once, I'm kinda jealous when we go to a place like KC and that sea of red in the stadium.

I don't remember what that is.

If we're in position for one of the top QB's, I think it's a no brainer to take one.  I do feel like we'll win just enough games 4-6 to knock us out of that running though.  Probably end up in that 5-10 range again.  Outside of the QB's my wishlist is

Saquan Barkley 

Derwin James

Trey Adams

Minkah Fitzpatrick 

Christian Wilkins

Daron Payne

On 10/5/2017 at 2:44 AM, Zappaz said:

I still think that they do the big splash trade to get one of the top QBs especially if its one of the local guys. As long as we're picking top 10 I think they will try to move up and honestly wouldn't blame them to try to get a local guy to help attendance numbers. Sure would be nice to see the Chargers have a home field advantage for once, I'm kinda jealous when we go to a place like KC and that sea of red in the stadium.

I mean, it sounds like Spanos' brand of bass-ackwards, "the fans clearly fit the stereotype of being easily-bought and superficial" logic... so it's definitely plausible.

3 in a row boys! First time since 2014. First time Denver has been shutout since 1992!! Up to 3-4, AFCW is getting tight... if we can get past NE next week and be 4-4 at the bye then we might just have a shot at some playoffs this year. What a difference 3 weeks makes.

The offense does need to get it together though. We have enough weapons and the line has played pretty good, we should be able to put up a few more points each week than we have been. They need to carry the team for a couple weeks to show the D that they can. They are finally using Henry and he has been coming up big. Things like not getting less than 1 yard on 4 downs isn't acceptable and I'm sure Lynn will let them know when they go over the film.

42 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

3 in a row boys! First time since 2014. First time Denver has been shutout since 1992!! Up to 3-4, AFCW is getting tight... if we can get past NE next week and be 4-4 at the bye then we might just have a shot at some playoffs this year. What a difference 3 weeks makes.

The offense does need to get it together though. We have enough weapons and the line has played pretty good, we should be able to put up a few more points each week than we have been. They need to carry the team for a couple weeks to show the D that they can. They are finally using Henry and he has been coming up big. Things like not getting less than 1 yard on 4 downs isn't acceptable and I'm sure Lynn will let them know when they go over the film.

Offense has been very concerning to me so far.  Too many weapons to be struggling like this.  I think Whisenhunt is too predictable and I think it's time to give Ekeler some more opportunities.  The front office won't want to admit they missed on Gordon but I feel it's becoming more and more apparent that he's pretty average.  

10 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Offense has been very concerning to me so far.  Too many weapons to be struggling like this.  I think Whisenhunt is too predictable and I think it's time to give Ekeler some more opportunities.  The front office won't want to admit they missed on Gordon but I feel it's becoming more and more apparent that he's pretty average.  

Rivers manufactures so many yards for Gordon

20 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I feel like it’s ownership pushing a running back in the first as a need more so then the front office. We spent a 1st on Matthews, A 2/3 &5 on Hester and a 1/4/5 on Gordon. That makes me belive Spanos is in whatever GM’s head whispering that another LT is right there take a back. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just dont even know what to think anymore. Why do I put myself through this misery?! 

Just when you think they might be turning the corner to do well, they find a fun new way to lose.

Also, leave Benjamin in Jacksonville... dude doesn't deserve a ride back. He is one of the weakest players I've seen and I can't wait to not see him being used so much. He allowed the cb to just rip the ball away from him. 

Archived