2017 Season Thread

kyle21121

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins fan here

you guys are gonna take a L and we ruin your playoff hopes

✌?

Just lol.

You guys are on fire and genuinely have the recipe to disrupt the pass happy Patriots and be the ultimate dark horse. Bit torn though. It would be awesome to see the Charger win their first SB, what a treat for the few true fans that remain, and Rivers more than deserves a ring (which lead to a bust in the hall). On the other hand, Spanos is the last man on earth that deserves a SB to his name. The last! 

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Anthony Lynn has redeemed himself and this team has finally come together....Curious how we'll screw it up.

I'm now firmly on the "they make the playoffs and get smoked like a Texas brisket by the Ravens and Weddle and Woody in particular" boat.  Karmic destiny seems appropriate.

25 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm now firmly on the "they make the playoffs and get smoked like a Texas brisket by the Ravens and Weddle and Woody in particular" boat.  Karmic destiny seems appropriate.

If they make the postseason it is unlikely that they would even play the Ravens.

Chargers would most likely be the #4 seed and the Ravens would most likely be the #6 seed. (They are one game worse than the Titans and Jaguars record-wise, and they have lost to both meaning that they would lose the tiebreaker for the #5 seed even if they make up one game.)

23 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

If they make the postseason it is unlikely that they would even play the Ravens.

Chargers would most likely be the #4 seed and the Ravens would most likely be the #6 seed. (They are one game worse than the Titans and Jaguars record-wise, and they have lost to both meaning that they would lose the tiebreaker for the #5 seed even if they make up one game.)

I don't have much faith in the Titans to sustain at this point.  Mularkey's offense is making its standard end-of-season collapse.  I can see realistic scenarios where the Chargers make the playoffs as the #4 seed and Chiefs manage to just barely eek out the #6... because I think Baltimore has them on divisional record.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I approve of this ending because we screwed over Weddle and he deserves a playoff win and screw this team for moving to L.A. 

On the other hand I finally want to see Rivers win a ring and while that's super unlikely we do have the talent for a superbowl run/ the hope of it before we would eventually get smashed by the patriots warhammer.

5 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I approve of this ending because we screwed over Weddle and he deserves a playoff win and screw this team for moving to L.A. 

On the other hand I finally want to see Rivers win a ring and while that's super unlikely we do have the talent for a superbowl run/ the hope of it before we would eventually get smashed by the patriots warhammer.

We'd get run-over by the Steelers at this point, too.  Actually, I'd probably give the Chargers getter odds against the Pats (they specialize in taking away a team's best weapon and forcing them to deal without - the Chargers can actually work around that; it's more the case that the Chargers' interior pass-rush is mediocre and that's how you beat Brady), than I would Pittsburgh who should be able to literally run over us.

54 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We'd get run-over by the Steelers at this point, too.  Actually, I'd probably give the Chargers getter odds against the Pats (they specialize in taking away a team's best weapon and forcing them to deal without - the Chargers can actually work around that; it's more the case that the Chargers' interior pass-rush is mediocre and that's how you beat Brady), than I would Pittsburgh who should be able to literally run over us.

Eh. I actually think we could beat Pit, losing Shazier is a pretty big blow to that defense. At this point I would have more faith in the Chargers defense to slow down the Steelers O than I would in the Steelers defense to slow down the Chargers O.

And although the Chargers run defense is far from spectacular, it's gotten decently better since Perryman returned in week 8. (We've only allowed teams to rush for over 100 yards twice since then. And in the Bills game most of those yards came from one drive)

Anyways, I think the Steelers are very overrated right now and I expect them to get completely stomped by the Pats next week. I think we have a much, much better chance to upset them than we would the Pats.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

While I don't think that the Front Office handled the Weddle situation well at all, Weddle has been a pretty big crybaby about it. He takes every chance he can to crap on the Chargers. (Whether it be through social media, in interviews, etc.)

The fact of the matter is that it wasn't in the Chargers best interest to break the bank to pay an aging safety, and the Chargers defense is doing just fine right now without him. (They are currently 2nd in the league in points per game. Also force a ton of turnovers.)

On 12/10/2017 at 9:24 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just lol.

You guys are on fire and genuinely have the recipe to disrupt the pass happy Patriots and be the ultimate dark horse. Bit torn though. It would be awesome to see the Charger win their first SB, what a treat for the few true fans that remain, and Rivers more than deserves a ring (which lead to a bust in the hall). On the other hand, Spanos is the last man on earth that deserves a SB to his name. The last! 

I don’t give a damn about the HOF it’s rigged like in all sports look at NASCAR with Dale jr making it, i mean you all know it’s for marketing purposes and Rivers is just stuck on a bad team, but maybe he can finally get that ring and the chargers better retire that number and hang it over the soccer field because as far as I’m concerned if your able to put up with that **** Spanos has done he better Get his number retired and be in the HOF 

It is hilarious how bitter Scott Kaplan is these days. If the Chargers had made a run like this last year, he would be overpraising them on the radio and then saying there is no way Dean can leave with the team playing so well. But now since they are in LA, this run isn't impressive.

Honestly, I am sick of SD media. I understand being mad that the team is gone, but some of them need to grow up and move on. There are far worse things in life then a football team moving two hours away. 

5 hours ago, game3525 said:

It is hilarious how bitter Scott Kaplan is these days. If the Chargers had made a run like this last year, he would be overpraising them on the radio and then saying there is no way Dean can leave with the team playing so well. But now since they are in LA, this run isn't impressive.

Honestly, I am sick of SD media. I understand being mad that the team is gone, but some of them need to grow up and move on. There are far worse things in life then a football team moving two hours away. 

The San Diego media are the only ones who still are covering the Chargers. One Los Angeles reporter when asked about the Chargers straight said, “I don’t cover minor league teams.”

On 12/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, game3525 said:

You’re right we could move away into a soccer stadiu...... oh wait

Archived