Ravens to sign FA WR John Brown

AFlaccoSeagulls

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Being fast =/= able to get open, otherwise, you know, Breshad Perriman would be good.

If he could stay healthy long enough to run a straight line down the field then he could get open too. John Brown has better hands and I've seen him attack the ball in the air AND keep his balance, which I've never seen Perriman do.

Brown has his own health issues obviously, but that's the only reason he's available at a price we could possibly afford.

I'd be excited if we get him. He's got as much upside as any FA receiver outside Robinson and Watkins.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

If he could stay healthy long enough to run a straight line down the field then he could get open too. John Brown has better hands and I've seen him attack the ball in the air AND keep his balance, which I've never seen Perriman do.

Brown has his own health issues obviously, but that's the only reason he's available at a price we could possibly afford.

That and his lackluster production, headlined by a 38% catch rate. For comparison, Mike Wallace had a 58% catch rate, and Perriman had a 28% catch rate.

We're basically getting a slightly better Perriman from a production standpoint, but with a much more serious injury history? Why....?

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

That and his lackluster production, headlined by a 38% catch rate. For comparison, Mike Wallace had a 58% catch rate, and Perriman had a 28% catch rate.

We're basically getting a slightly better Perriman from a production standpoint, but with a much more serious injury history? Why....?

Yeah and it’s not just his catch rate that’s concerning. Because guys have been known to have that rate lowered when playing through injury. It’s the catch rate coupled with his small hands.

One or the other and sure, both and that tells me the guy lacks hands and concentration. This, unless it’s for a really cheap deal, is an obvious mistake IMO.

Whats more how do we target an injury prone John Brown, yet Jordan Matthews is still out there. If we’re not scared away by injuries or down years he should be an obvious addition. Especially since he’s a better offensive fit for Mornhenwig’s system than Brown.

Archived