what are the Redskins doing??

mar29020

zach brown likely to walk.

kirk walked

breeland walked

grant walked

murphy likely to walk.

4 of those players are homegrown players and are good players who would rather leave then play here. ALL coming off rookie contract and all are young whom we will replace with older players who are just looking to get paid. Redskins are doing a terrible job in regards to proactivly signing players before free agency or their contracts run out. we are getting older now. the purpose of the draft is to get players who can play here for 10 years- NOT let them walk in their prime. its clear this franchise has no direction!

Murphy got busted for PED's, like him but coming off injury. I'll see what he gets on open market though before I can make an honest assessment on him. Let's face it Zack Brown is a good run defender but really sucks against pass and wants top 3 money. If he can get it more power to him. The contract Grant got is laughable, no way we pay him that to play here. Breeland can play but I hope Fabian can step in there and do well, like his potential. And last but not least is Cousins, agree to disagree. I'm not arguing about him on here anymore   

Honestly as sick as I am to say this I think this team actually has been smart to this point. We will see who else they bring in but I’d be okay with just resigning Brown and Poe, Logan, Richardson. Honestly other then the Bree money I wouldn’t have given the two signed that money. I loved Kirk. We all know you loved Kirk Mar but let’s be real man the guy didn’t want us. You can say he didn’t want to play for this team but he didn’t want to be here. He wants money and he got it and he can have it. 28 per dude we’d have like no cap left. And okay structure it however you want inflation in the cap rah rah at some point the cap number will hit you back with top deals. Name one big deal that you don’t here in some offseason they are strapped because of the cap hit for this guy? We simply aren’t good enough of a team to try and still get missing pieces paying that type of figure.

35 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

kirk walked

breeland walked

grant walked

murphy likely to walk.

4 of those players are homegrown players and are good players who would rather leave then play here. ALL coming off rookie contract and all are young whom we will replace with older players who are just looking to get paid. Redskins are doing a terrible job in regards to proactivly signing players before free agency or their contracts run out. we are getting older now. the purpose of the draft is to get players who can play here for 10 years- NOT let them walk in their prime. its clear this franchise has no direction!

We've beat the Kirk storyline to death so I'll avoid talking about it.

Zach Brown - great run defender. Fast LB. But lost in coverage. Maybe last year was an aberration for his coverage, but I'm thinking maybe it wasn't given that he didn't get offered that much. So if he walks, I'm not too upset about it. I'd still like to re-sign him though, just not break the bank.

Breeland - should've re-signed him. But it might've been something where he told the team he was leaving.

Grant - wanted to re-sign him too. HOWEVER, I'm not giving him that contract. That's just robbery.

Murphy - coming off a PEDs suspension and a season-long injury. I'm perfectly fine with letting him walk.

Now, we SHOULD have re-signed Bree and Brown. Because re-signing your own guys doesn't kill your comp picks. But it may be something where the F.O. is looking at the deal Norwell got this year and are looking to extend Scherff this year and need the cap space. Or extend Preston. Remember, its not just about this year, you gotta think ahead. So perhaps this is a way to preserve cap space to get those deals done, whilst signing some 2nd tier guys and maybe picking up some vets after the draft like we did with DJax and Norman. This way, we focus on the draft to build the team, add a few guys in Free Agency, start the comp pick engine, and enable us to extend our own players before they become FAs.

Of course, that is what I would expect if we had a plan. And right now, I'm hoping that is the plan.

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

We've beat the Kirk storyline to death so I'll avoid talking about it.

Zach Brown - great run defender. Fast LB. But lost in coverage. Maybe last year was an aberration for his coverage, but I'm thinking maybe it wasn't given that he didn't get offered that much. So if he walks, I'm not too upset about it. I'd still like to re-sign him though, just not break the bank.

Breeland - should've re-signed him. But it might've been something where he told the team he was leaving.

Grant - wanted to re-sign him too. HOWEVER, I'm not giving him that contract. That's just robbery.

Murphy - coming off a PEDs suspension and a season-long injury. I'm perfectly fine with letting him walk.

Now, we SHOULD have re-signed Bree and Brown. Because re-signing your own guys doesn't kill your comp picks. But it may be something where the F.O. is looking at the deal Norwell got this year and are looking to extend Scherff this year and need the cap space. Or extend Preston. Remember, its not just about this year, you gotta think ahead. So perhaps this is a way to preserve cap space to get those deals done, whilst signing some 2nd tier guys and maybe picking up some vets after the draft like we did with DJax and Norman. This way, we focus on the draft to build the team, add a few guys in Free Agency, start the comp pick engine, and enable us to extend our own players before they become FAs.

Of course, that is what I would expect if we had a plan. And right now, I'm hoping that is the plan.

Agreed , we still have a chance to bring back Brown . And we also have a chance to sign a defensive lineman. Breeland being gone sucks but look who we have to replace him.

Our teams young .. if anything Vernon Davis is our oldest player I believe .

8 hours ago, mar29020 said:

kirk walked

breeland walked

grant walked

murphy likely to walk.

First I’m not a Brice fanboy as I think he has proven to be a lousy agent and a terrible GM. To your points not signing Kirk in 2016 is unforgivable and he should have been fired over this last year. Breeland got a lot of money and I think he is a middle of the road corner and we have depth there thanks to Scot

grant gone? So what- he’s easily replaceable 

I think we sign murohy

I like Brown- tackling machine but the guy isn’t worth 10 m a year or more as he’s a liability in pass coverage. I’m tired to redskins LB making every opposing TE look like a hall of famer

i hope we resign him at the 7m he’s been offered

ahould bruce be fired? duh, yes. He’s a politician trying to be a GM and he’s so far up Lil Danny backside he stinks a mile away 

Zach Brown - with the way FA has gone, I wouldn’t be surprised if we swooped back in and got him. 

Bashaud Breeland - Not surprised he left...he’s from SC and went to Clemson...not surprised he signed with CAR. 

Ryan Grant - goodbye...good dude but he can run 4 yard outs on 3rd and 5 for the Ravens. That price is high for a guy with Ryan Grant’s skill set.

Trent Murphy - SF has been in on him. He went to Stanford...won’t be surprised if he bolts.

Zach Brown wasn't drafted. He was always here just to get a pay day. Still could get him, but frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed. If you keep Brown, then this team has to figure out a way to cover tight ends. It's obvious none of the linebackers can do it and Sweringer struggles as well.

Breeland - Maybe the one that hurts the most, especially after trading Fuller. Breeland is the guy that with a good coach, is going to gain consistency.

Grant - Did you really want to pay him that? Ryan Grant is football's version of a replacement level player. Brian Quick should be able fill those shoes easily.

Trent Murphy - Probably the most interesting decision. Frankly, I've felt for a while that Trent Murphy was drafted too high and mis-used on this team. He's not an edge rusher. He really should have been told to put on weight, play at 275lbs, and be a DE on passing downs, and an ILB on short yardage situations. He's a situational player that you take in the 3rd and 4th round. I don't see needing to pay him, if you have a competent scouting section and general manager.

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You know, The Pats let Amendola walk and YOUNG guys Butler and Dion Lewis.. Big time contributors and no one hears a peep ! No questions of Belichick and his methods  etc .. Just saying.

Well, going to the Super Bowl continuously will do that.

Perpetuating between 6-10 and 9-7 for 10 seasons will do to us what it does. 

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You know, The Pats let Amendola walk and YOUNG guys Butler and Dion Lewis.. Big time contributors and no one hears a peep ! No questions of Belichick and his methods  etc .. Just saying.

They have Tom Brady and Bill Bilichick.

Archived