Titans sign RB Dion Lewis

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Who even returns kicks anymore?

Yeah, I'd really be interested to see the percentage of kicks that are taken out of the end zone that end up costing their team yardage. I bet it's well over 50%. Punt returners still matter, kick returner is mostly just back there to catch the ball and take a knee.

1 minute ago, lovetitans said:

Good numbers. Honestly think this makes WR a far less need. We haven't had a RB a defense had to account for on passing downs since CJ. I think this will open the field up for everyone.

With him and Delanie working the middle of the field I agree. 

TBH I'm not sure I like the numbers like the rest of ya'll. 

Do I like Lewis as a change of pace type of back? Yeah, sure. But I viewed him as someone who joins another back to give Henry rest, not necessarily the second piece. Of the past 5 seasons, he's played 16, 7, 7, 9, 15 games, and of those seasons only once did he have more than 65 rushes (last season, career year). I fear we're paying him what we believe he can do based off just 2017, and not looking at the whole body of work. If he stays healthy? Sure, he's probably worth around this size contract, assuming 2017 wasn't an outlier. But I do think this contract won't be so good down the road. At the very least we need to make sure we have a capable 3rd back who can step into the second role if/when Lewis goes down.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Do I like Lewis as a change of pace type of back? Yeah, sure. But I viewed him as someone who joins another back to give Henry rest, not necessarily the second piece. Of the past 5 seasons, he's played 16, 7, 7, 9, 15 games, and of those seasons only once did he have more than 65 rushes (last season, career year). I fear we're paying him what we believe he can do based off just 2017, and not looking at the whole body of work. If he stays healthy? Sure, he's probably worth around this size contract, assuming 2017 wasn't an outlier. But I do think this contract won't be so good down the road. At the very least we need to make sure we have a capable 3rd back who can step into the second role if/when Lewis goes down.

I was expecting him to get 15-18 mill on a 3yr deal so that’s pretty much close. Pretty sure it’s more like a 2yr deal like Murray far as guaranteed money & keep in mind salary cap rises 8-10 mill every yr

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I agree we probably need to get one more RB if we have no faith in Fluelen. However, I don't think he was brought here as just a compliment to Henry. He's going to line up all over the place and all those crappy plays we tried last year with Murray and Henry on the field together will work so much better with Lewis.

Archived