Dion Lewis Signs With Titans

bigbadbuff23835

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

He’s the best RB they got now. :shrugs:

He's played two full seasons in 7 years. He averages about 7 games a season. He just went on a 5 year stretch where he played 9, 0, 0, 7, 7 games. He's also someone who really fit the Patriots system and never was anywhere near the pass catcher he was in there as opposed to outside of it. He's also not someone you want to rely on year in and year out to carry the load. 

Don't get me wrong, he's been great for us. He's still too much of a question mark to put real value on him.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He's played two full seasons in 7 years. He averages about 7 games a season. He just went on a 5 year stretch where he played 9, 0, 0, 7, 7 games. He's also someone who really fit the Patriots system and never was anywhere near the pass catcher he was in there as opposed to outside of it. He's also not someone you want to rely on year in and year out to carry the load. 

Don't get me wrong, he's been great for us. He's still too much of a question mark to put real value on him.

He doesn't have to carry the load for them though, they have Henry. That's a great 1-2 punch and a significant upgrade from a Murray/Henry combo.

This time of year sucks to be a Patriots fan, but it is what it is. Lewis was super exciting and fun to watch. Got buried on the depth chart this year, earned his role back and shined. He deserves the big payday the Titans are giving him.

Really hope the Patriots bring back Burkhead and add a RB in the draft.

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I often wonder when people will figure out that NFL free agency is full of imaginary numbers that don't actually matter. I think it's safe to say that signing Lewis isn't going to prevent any extensions down the line, so it really only affects the owner's pocket book.

Yeah, but literally everyone but you has overreacted to #'s on a deal.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but literally everyone but you has overreacted to #'s on a deal.

No, I've definitely been guilty of the same thing. Both for the Titans and when Titans players have signed elsewhere. Probably 1,000 times really. But I've tried to shift it to focusing primarily on how I feel about a player. For instance, I like the Norwell signing. Maybe not how I would be spending resources if I were in charge, but they got a good player at a position of need. Moncrief and Lee on the other hand, meh, if I was going to spend that much at receiver, I'd have tagged A-Rob.

Just now, titans0021 said:

No, I've definitely been guilty of the same thing. Both for the Titans and when Titans players have signed elsewhere. Probably 1,000 times really. But I've tried to shift it to focusing primarily on how I feel about a player. For instance, I like the Norwell signing. Maybe not how I would be spending resources if I were in charge, but they got a good player at a position of need. Moncrief and Lee on the other hand, meh, if I was going to spend that much at receiver, I'd have tagged A-Rob.

Fair enough. 

40 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah.  Always have to be wary of those flash in the pan sort of Patriots backs.  Seems like kind of an odd fit to tandem with Henry to me, but then...have to imagine this is heavily Vrabel-endorsed, meaning they should have some idea how to use him effectively there?  Also makes a ton of sense as a fit with Mariota.  He'll be happy to have that backfield receiving threat, assuming that ability wasn't completely a mirage in New England.

Archived