Jets sign LB Avery Williamson

Bianconero

Would rather have given an extra mil or so to Williamson.  Has another 4-5 prime seasons left which is better than the 2 you get from Davis.  

Davis was great last year but overall in his career he was pretty mediocre.  Solid signing because in another 1-2 years when we hopefully are ready to seriously compete he'll be still in his prime.  I think we are looking at 2019 as the time to compete which is why I don't love the Tru signing more than I should.

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah. If Avery played in like the 60s/70s/80s type of football dude would probably be a perennial all-pro lol, but sadly he plays in this pass happy league of today. He's a great guy, solid overall player despite the limitations, so I wouldn't be too upset about it. Just gotta use him properly.

Ha yeah your right. Hopefully Bowles will scheme it to where he can do the things he does best rather than try fitting him into plays he can’t perfom well enough. 

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Would rather have given an extra mil or so to Williamson.  Has another 4-5 prime seasons left which is better than the 2 you get from Davis.  

Davis was great last year but overall in his career he was pretty mediocre.  Solid signing because in another 1-2 years when we hopefully are ready to seriously compete he'll be still in his prime.  I think we are looking at 2019 as the time to compete which is why I don't love the Tru signing more than I should.

Agreed, but out clause after 2 years and maybe he ends up just playing 3 (talking about Tru). I love this kid from Tenn. Very good signing.

6 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Well in that case would have rather gave demario 8 and called it a day 

You get a younger guy in Williamson at a cheaper cost. Demario has had one good year. It's a slam dunk. 

19 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

For what it's worth, Demario graded out as the #8 LB in the league last year per PFF. Williamson was 10 and will cost a lot less.

Where did Darren Lee place?  I would consider trading Lee and sign Davis to pair with Williamson.  I never was a fan of the Darren Lee pick 2 years ago.  Get what you can for him.

3 minutes ago, famousj said:

Where did Darren Lee place?  I would consider trading Lee and sign Davis to pair with Williamson.  I never was a fan of the Darren Lee pick 2 years ago.  Get what you can for him.

86th generally.

type a name and pff into google search.

Archived