Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bianconero

Jets sign LB Avery Williamson

Recommended Posts

And there went literally one the only 2 FA ILB's I can say I wanted for the Rams.  There are others I won't necessarily say I won't be disappointed with, but I was just kind of... meh on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

He can’t cover a damn soul. Hopefully he isn’t on the field on 3rd downs.

He likely won't be.  We've seen Haley deploy a 4-1-6 in some instances on passing downs, where the 1 LB is basically a spy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He can’t cover a damn soul. Hopefully he isn’t on the field on 3rd downs.

Same story for Demario Davis but younger. We know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He likely won't be.  We've seen Haley deploy a 4-1-6 in some instances on passing downs, where the 1 LB is basically a spy.

I'm sorry but who is Haley? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I'm sorry but who is Haley? 

Bowles.  It's been a long day, I've mixed up my Todd's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF loves him because we took him off the field on passing downs and replaced him with Jayon Brown. Avery is great in the locker room and very strong against the run. Useless in coverage though. You can do a lot worse than him, but with his snaps dipping last season, the writing was kind of on the wall. Wish him nothing but the best in New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The LBC said:

Bowles.  It's been a long day, I've mixed up my Todd's.

Thank god... I thought it was just me. lol.  all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

PFF loves him because we took him off the field on passing downs and replaced him with Jayon Brown. Avery is great in the locker room and very strong against the run. Useless in coverage though. You can do a lot worse than him, but with his snaps dipping last season, the writing was kind of on the wall. Wish him nothing but the best in New York.

He was benched? Or just on passing downs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bianconero said:

He was benched? Or just on passing downs?

2 down thumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

He was benched? Or just on passing downs?

Just passing downs. Still played plenty of snaps, but was on the field for about 60 percent of our defensive reps after sitting at 83% last year. Addition of Jayon Brown as a pure coverage backer just cut into his snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

2 down thumper

Yeah.  As long as you understand his limitations and know how to use him, and protect him from what he can't do...he should be decent enough.  Hard as it may be for a 2 down thumper to be a real "impact player" in today's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×