Jets sign LB Avery Williamson

Bianconero

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that he is an extremely high character guy who will only be a positive in the locker room.

Like others have said, ideally he will be a 2 down player for you. Doesn't really make many impact plays that wow you, but he is a solid guy on the inside who will improve your run defense.

From what I'm gathering, may be the reason they chose to go with Williamson as opposed to Davis... not only is Davis older and was asking for more money, but he was the "leader" of the defense and played every snap. I sense a changing of the guard... they'll likely use a rotation at LB, but Lee will play on 3rd downs and Jamal Adams may be tasked with making the defensive calls. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s a solid 2-down run stopper.  The market is starting to overvalue these guys though.  

But at least you also know he’s a very straight shooter.  It’s about the $.  :D

Not sure why they say thats rare.    Most players would say the same thing he said...

“At the end of the day, it’s definitely about playing a sport that you love, but you’ve got to make sure that you can benefit financially from it.”

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure why they say thats rare.    Most players would say the same thing he said...

Absolutely most players would decide as he did for the reasons he did.   It’s just that we usually hear when a FA leaves a playoff team and signs with a bottom 10 team:

1.  “I just wanted to go where I was respected”. Respect = paid the most.  

2.  “I really liked where this org is headed” = I really liked how much they are paying me.  

3.  “I believe this org is up and coming” = I believe this org made the best offer. 

4.  “It’s not about the money” = it’s about the money.  

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Absolutely most players would decide as he did for the reasons he did.   It’s just that we usually hear when a FA leaves a playoff team and signs with a bottom 10 team:

2.  “I really liked where this org is headed” = I really liked how much they are paying me.  

3.  “I believe this org is up and coming” = I believe this org made the best offer. 

While I get what youre saying, even Williamson didnt say it was ALL about the money.     He just said you have to benefit financially, and every player would admit to that.

LeVeon Bell is actually being more forward than that, claiming "Im not going to take anything less than what Im worth".   

And there ARE actually plenty of players who take less to play somewhere they WANT to play.

Bottom line....I agree some players act like money doesnt mean as much when it actually means the most.....but I wouldnt say Williamson is saying anything that most other players wouldnt openly admit.    Again, he didnt say it was ALL about the money....just that the money played a major part.

And for the record....I dont care and I am not knocking on Williamson.....but that article makes it out to be like he is admitting something hardly any other player would admit.  

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While I get what youre saying, even Williamson didnt say it was ALL about the money.     He just said you have to benefit financially, and every player would admit to that.

LeVeon Bell is actually being more forward than that, claiming "Im not going to take anything less than what Im worth".   

And there ARE actually plenty of players who take less to play somewhere they WANT to play.

Bottom line....I agree some players act like money doesnt mean as much when it actually means the most.....but I wouldnt say Williamson is saying anything that most other players wouldnt openly admit.    Again, he didnt say it was ALL about the money....just that the money played a major part.

And for the record....I dont care and I am not knocking on Williamson.....but that article makes it out to be like he is admitting something hardly any other player would admit.  

That's fair, I think the media is so jaded by the PR speak, they're probably projecting more on Williamson than anything else.  Plus, it's that time of year, the lull between marquee FA signings and the draft.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That’s what happened here B|

Archived