Did the Eagles miss their window to trade Foles?

JaguarCrazy2832

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Big Ben...one of these dudes is going down and their team is giving the Eagles a 1st for the reigning SB MVP. Heck, if Rodgers gets hit on his collar bone, it could be the Packers. I can't even name the Chargers backup. It could be them. Rivers is old. Brees is old. You never know. Wentz could also get hurt again. You neva neva know.

No one is giving up a first for Foles.   Keep dreaming.   If teams were that interested, it wouldve already happened.  

If Andrew Luck goes down, they will roll with Brissett before trading anything.

I expect the Cards to draft a rookie behind Bradford, seeing as how they only paid Bradford for one year.

Tannehill.....I mean, he is a fringe starter at this point anyway.    

Steelers dont operate like that.   

Bottom line, I guarantee youre not getting a first for Foles.     Maybe a second, and you should jump for joy if he gets that.    My guess is he stays with the Eagles this year, goes somewhere else next year, and fails.....only to return to the Eagles 2 years later. 

1 hour ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Yep. I don't see anyone trading anything of value for him.

The Eagles also have the best OL in the league... Kelce is the best center in the NFL. I could probably throw for 1,201 yards behind that line. 

And I can probably rush for 2,001 yards.

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

If they really wanted to get rid of Foles, they would have... It seem like they aren't desperate to get rid of their SB MVP. 

They'll wait it out until an offer comes that they can't refuse, until then they'll hold on to him I assume.

With everyone obsessed with Draft Picks and Scrub QB's signing signing left and right for 10-20M. I never understood why people thought the Eagles Should trade away the best backup QB in the league making $7M a Season?

What is the downside to keeping him, really? A potential QB controversy if he's asked to start the season and goes 4-0? Sign me up!! If Wentz looks great and has no set backs leading up to week 1. Is it not possible he could be traded over the summer or during the trade deadline if a Injury occurs to another Starter ala Minnesota with Bridgewater?

This all but Guarantees above average QB play for the 2018 Philadelphia Eagles. Something 1/2 the League seems to be striving for.

13 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Sorry eagles fans but no one is ever 100% coming back from a torn ACL late in the season, You're not trading Foles until the eagles are comfortable Wentz is healthy.

Sure he might not be 100%, but he might be better than 75% of starting QBs how he'll be week 1.

I don't know why they would want to trade Foles.  Their franchise guy is still rehabbing his injured knee, and they just WON THE SUPER BOWL with Foles.  If they can keep a player like that on the roster as a backup in their situation, they would be crazy to let him go. 

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bottom line, I guarantee youre not getting a first for Foles.     Maybe a second, and you should jump for joy if he gets that.    My guess is he stays with the Eagles this year, goes somewhere else next year, and Foles.....only to return to the Eagles 2 years later to win another SB. 

FIFY

On topic though, Foles isn't going anywhere until the preseason at earliest. Wentz may or may not be ready to start the year. Someone is going to settle for a QB in the draft that they aren't so excited about or someone is going to wind up pulling a Kizer and showing poorly over the summer. Someone is going to go down with an injury or show up with noodle arm. 

The Eagles aren't pressed to trade him yet. And honestly, his value only goes up post-draft and continues through to the beginning of the season. If Foles starts the preseason and shows well, his stock is even higher. First few games of the season? Add a bit more. And a team with a need for a starter in the early weeks of the season makes them more desperate than they would be during regular FA and before the draft. The Eagles can keep him (and imo, should because if Wentz goes down, who else is there?) and just wait for the optimum deal for them to fall into place. 

Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs (to a much lesser extent, I suppose), Ravens, Dolphins, Bills, and Jaguars all still have glaring ?'s at QB1 or QB2. And most of them don't appear in a position to nab one of the stud QBs in the Draft.

Cards- Bradford is an injury waiting to happen

Chargers- Rivers is up there in age, they have no solid backup, they're too good overall to simply tank because Rivers goes down.

Chiefs- Mahomes is still an unknown, but more importantly, who's his backup? Foles and Reid have history.

Ravens- picking later in the Draft. Apparently they're frustrated with Flacco. No backup either.

Dolphins- Tannehill is a fringe starter and coming off of an injury. Cutler Fales at every turn. Doughty is backup caliber at best. Moore may finally goes elsewhere. Probably comes down to whether they see Foles > Moore. 

Bills- may be angling up to draft a guy. Still need a solid backup or bridge QB.

Jaguars- I'm still not sold on them wanting to roll with Bortles. 

And that list doesn't take all the teams with franchise starters but lackluster backups into account since injuries are unforeseen. So, no, I don't think the window to trade Foles has closed at all. 

They don't really need to trade him. I don't think they tried all that hard. I'd only trade him if a team called me and offered something dumb.

The Eagles have enough pieces across the board to not have to do anything. They don't need to whore out players for draft picks.

Archived