Did the Eagles miss their window to trade Foles?

JaguarCrazy2832

On 3/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, wwhickok said:

Their biggest window starts After the draft for teams that didn't get their QB

Dont most teams already have their QB though?...Like who is drafting a QB high that would also be someone that would trade for Foles?

Buffalo

Jets, maybe?

Browns, unlikely given picks 1&4

Colts

Denver

Cardinals

So there are 6 teams but you would assume whoever gets Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and maybe Rudolph wouldnt trade for Foles. 

Colts might be the most interesting given their 2nd round picks but they will still be in a prime spot for a QB if they like one enough

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont most teams already have their QB though?...Like who is drafting a QB high that would also be someone that would trade for Foles?

Buffalo

Jets, maybe?

Browns, unlikely given picks 1&4

Colts

Denver

Cardinals

So there are 6 teams but you would assume whoever gets Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and maybe Rudolph wouldnt trade for Foles. 

Colts might be the most interesting given their 2nd round picks but they will still be in a prime spot for a QB if they like one enough

Really depends, one of those teams could see the value in drafting someone that isn't a QB then trading for Foles after the draft.

Pretty sure if the Eagles wanted to trade Nick, it would of occurred before his $3M roster bonus that triggered today.

Outside of something outlandish (Bradford to Minny post Teddy) last minute, Foles is going nowhere in 2018. 

Which it appears was their intentions from the jump.

I'm not buying "he's on a very good backup QB contract" talk. When a team who is heading towards salary cap problems gets a chance to get a 1st or multiple high picks for there backup QB, they take it.

If Buffalo strikes out in getting one of the top 3 QB's. I'd hope they'd deal pick 22 for Foles 

On 3/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm not buying "he's on a very good backup QB contract" talk. When a team who is heading towards salary cap problems gets a chance to get a 1st or multiple high picks for there backup QB, they take it.

If Buffalo strikes out in getting one of the top 3 QB's. I'd hope they'd deal pick 22 for Foles 

Thats how i feel exactly but it seems like some teams value backup QBs so much but dont want to spend a Top-60 pick on theirs so its sort of a double standard

Archived