Danny Amendola signs with Phins - 2 years 12 mil

Deadpulse

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

2yr/$12M. 

Too much for us to match given the depth of the receiving group. Still wish he was here, but I’m glad he’s getting his money at 32 years of age. 

the guaranteed money is what shocks me. The Phins really want him to be their stop gap in the slot without Landry there

He deserves any bigger contract any team wants to pay for him. The got damn Dolphins included. The guy has been under valued and has sacrificed his own self worth for the Patriots for years. He's one of the great Patriots in my eyes for how detrimental he was to the Patriots' last two Super Bowl runs. Good luck Danny...

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

He deserves any bigger contract any team wants to pay for him. The got damn Dolphins included. The guy has been under valued and has sacrificed his own self worth for the Patriots for years. He's one of the great Patriots in my eyes for how detrimental he was to the Patriots' last two Super Bowl runs. Good luck Danny...

Ahem....

7 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

He deserves any bigger contract any team wants to pay for him. The got damn Dolphins included. The guy has been under valued and has sacrificed his own self worth for the Patriots for years. He's one of the great Patriots in my eyes for how instrumental? he was to the Patriots' last two Super Bowl runs. Good luck Danny...

I'm going to try to have a (somewhat) productive day at work and will have a full post-game post up tonight, but it'd be a disservice to not make a Danny Amendola appreciation post this morning. He's my guy and will go down as one of my all-time favorite Patriots.

The guy came here with some unrealistic and frankly, unfair expectations in large part due to the $$$ contract he was given. Everyone expected him to step in and replace Wes Welker. Arguably the greatest Patriot WR of all time. He was heavily criticized, said he wasn't worth the contract, always hurt, etc.

Now? The guy has earned Every. Damn. Penny.

Danny Amendola has restructured his contract THREE times as a New England Patriot. Why? Because he loves winning, he loves New England and he's the definition of a TEAM player. After last years SB run, many posters here thought we should still let cut Dola for some savings.

My thoughts? You truly can't put a price tag or a number on a player like Danny Freakin Amendola. His reliability, dependability, clutchness…whatever you want to call it…is so so so valuable. You need players like DA to make runs like this.

I mean, the amount of clutch plays this guy has on his New England Patriots resume is just flat out ridiculous at this point. He is FINE with taking paycuts so the team can spend elsewhere. He FINE with having a smaller role in the regular season if it means he's healthy and ready to contribute when it matters.

His hands are unbelievable. His toughness and grit are unmatched. He is as dependable as you can get and Brady trusts on him. Brady ALWAYS leans on him when we need the big play.

I love that man. I'm making it a promise right now that I'm making the trip to Foxboro when he's put in the Patriots HOF

My post from the AFC Championship. Thanks for the memories, 'Dola. I'm going to miss watching you hold on to the ball after taking a crushing hit on 3rd or 4th down in a crucial point in the game.

Will go down as one of my all time favorite Patriots. A true Patriot.

I"M NOT CHANGING MY SIG (Wolf of Wall Street Voice).

Archived