Sam Bradford????

Smhx2519

I very legitimately have no idea why there is so much hate about this move. Bradford when healthy is a good QB. We won't be running the same offense we did under Arians, we'll be highlighting more short passes and running the football. Bradford fits that perfectly. The plan all along was that we were going to get a veteran and draft a QB. Bradford is the ideal QB for our situation. 

No matter what way you look at it too, Bradford is probably the second or third best FA QB this year, depending on your view of Keenum, and Cousins was never realistic here. 

1 year, 15 million guaranteed up to 20 million is a ton of dough for the guy. I wonder what other offers he had and from whom because that is a lot of money for a guy who can't stay healthy. 

Plus you guys are getting Glennon too, who did have some solid but not spectacular games in Tampa. He's had some struggles, but hopefully for your sake he is cheap. 

You guys just love signing older QBs I guess. It's been that way since warner. I doubt any of the top QBs fall to you, so I guess you needed to do something. 

Is there any late round QB that you guys are hoping to snag? 

14 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I very legitimately have no idea why there is so much hate about this move. Bradford when healthy is a good QB. We won't be running the same offense we did under Arians, we'll be highlighting more short passes and running the football. Bradford fits that perfectly. The plan all along was that we were going to get a veteran and draft a QB. Bradford is the ideal QB for our situation. 

No matter what way you look at it too, Bradford is probably the second or third best FA QB this year, depending on your view of Keenum, and Cousins was never realistic here. 

I think it's a couple reasons:

1) 20 million is a LOT of money for the guy

2) he's had some serious issues staying healthy to the point he probably doesn't trust his own body anymore 

3) the Cardinals OL is pretty suspect 

The guy doesn't really have any signature wins on his resume

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

2) he's had some serious issues staying healthy to the point he probably doesn't trust his own body anymore 

Agreed , this shouldn't stop the cardinals from drafting a QB. Bradford always injured it sucks to say that but it's true .

It's worth a shot, quite frankly.

Odds are that it doesn't pan out because Bradford is a degenerate knee.

But, based on the alternatives, if the Cardinals want to compete, they had to take the chance.

They are a super darkhorse team, but They are trying to do a rebuild/retool and maximize their chances when Larry Fitz is still there.

Sadly, the chance for failure is high with Bradford, but its not a shocking development. It's the expected move, and probably correct according to Game Theory

8 hours ago, N4L said:

1 year, 15 million guaranteed up to 20 million is a ton of dough for the guy. I wonder what other offers he had and from whom because that is a lot of money for a guy who can't stay healthy. 

Plus you guys are getting Glennon too, who did have some solid but not spectacular games in Tampa. He's had some struggles, but hopefully for your sake he is cheap. 

You guys just love signing older QBs I guess. It's been that way since warner. I doubt any of the top QBs fall to you, so I guess you needed to do something. 

Is there any late round QB that you guys are hoping to snag? 

We get an older fragile QB who has never been able to stay healthy and a guy who can’t play. This is upgrading the position? I have zero excitement for this season. Hope whoever we draft is ready to play!!!

9 hours ago, N4L said:

1. 20 Million is absolutely not a lot for a QB. It makes him the 17th highest paid QB in the league, only in front of QBs on their rookie contracts, and then this is my favorite part: Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Blake Bortles, and Tyrod Taylor. When healthy, Sam Bradford is easily better than those 4, and the only reason he isn't being paid like it is health reasons

2. You are absolutely right, he does have health concerns. But who gives us a better chance to win? Cousins was never realistic. Keenum being able to continue his form is questionable at best. Bridgewater you have the same concerns as Bradford, and he's less proven. Josh McCown, well he's not leading anyone to the playoffs. We have no QBs on our current roster. Sam Bradford is the exact kind of guy that we need

3. It is suspect, but the offseason is just starting. Do you really think that Bradford is the only signing we will have this offseason?

Bradford is meant to give of QBotF time to become comfortable in the NFL and develop. This is a deal that makes for both sides 

13 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

1. 20 Million is absolutely not a lot for a QB. It makes him the 17th highest paid QB in the league, only in front of QBs on their rookie contracts, and then this is my favorite part: Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Blake Bortles, and Tyrod Taylor. When healthy, Sam Bradford is easily better than those 4, and the only reason he isn't being paid like it is health reasons

2. You are absolutely right, he does have health concerns. But who gives us a better chance to win? Cousins was never realistic. Keenum being able to continue his form is questionable at best. Bridgewater you have the same concerns as Bradford, and he's less proven. Josh McCown, well he's not leading anyone to the playoffs. We have no QBs on our current roster. Sam Bradford is the exact kind of guy that we need

3. It is suspect, but the offseason is just starting. Do you really think that Bradford is the only signing we will have this offseason?

Bradford is meant to give of QBotF time to become comfortable in the NFL and develop. This is a deal that makes for both sides 

We could have gotten AJ McCarron, kept Blain Gabbert and a rookie for less than we are paying Bradford. Honey badger might not be a cap casualty and in my opinion better off as I see Gabbert as a better option than Glennon. If McCarron doesn’t pan out your in no worse shape than when Bradford gets hurt. Yes its when not if... 

33 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

We could have gotten AJ McCarron, kept Blain Gabbert and a rookie for less than we are paying Bradford. Honey badger might not be a cap casualty and in my opinion better off as I see Gabbert as a better option than Glennon. If McCarron doesn’t pan out your in no worse shape than when Bradford gets hurt. Yes its when not if... 

Vehemently disagree. McCarron couldn't beat out Dalton, that's not just a shot in the dark. Bradford gives us a chance at making the playoffs IMO, none of those other guys do. As far as Glennon, its no secret that he's been Keim's man crush at QB for a while, but he's in that same boat as Gabbert. Badger likely isn't saved regardless of what happens, that contract is pitiful no matter how you look at it. I want to be competitive this year, and Bradford is a calculated risk that can absolutely push us into a wild card spot. Even if he only plays 10 games. 

49 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Vehemently disagree. McCarron couldn't beat out Dalton, that's not just a shot in the dark. Bradford gives us a chance at making the playoffs IMO, none of those other guys do. As far as Glennon, its no secret that he's been Keim's man crush at QB for a while, but he's in that same boat as Gabbert. Badger likely isn't saved regardless of what happens, that contract is pitiful no matter how you look at it. I want to be competitive this year, and Bradford is a calculated risk that can absolutely push us into a wild card spot. Even if he only plays 10 games. 

You’re living in a fantasy if you think Bradford gets us into the playoffs. McCarron was never going to get a legitimate shot at beating out Dalton after Dalton got paid. McCarron has more playoff experience then Bradford and played well on that stage. Bradford is a mistake and Glennon is a bust. These are bad moves!!! As for honey badger You’re probably right. 

I didn't expect the Cardinals forum to still be so dead.

give Bradford a lot of weapons and ample time to throw, and he'll put up games like he did week 1 against New Orleans. 

but if he's not in a perfect situation, it gets to him. He's checking down and checking out of the game. He honestly needs to be in a perfect situation to be successful, and even then there is no telling that he can even hold up then. Any hit he takes could be his last.

Honestly, I'm glad he's gone. He's your problem now.

17 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

You’re living in a fantasy if you think Bradford gets us into the playoffs. McCarron was never going to get a legitimate shot at beating out Dalton after Dalton got paid. McCarron has more playoff experience then Bradford and played well on that stage. Bradford is a mistake and Glennon is a bust. These are bad moves!!! As for honey badger You’re probably right. 

Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, and Blake Bortles lead teams to the playoffs this year, and Nick Foles won a Super Bowl. If you think that Sam Bradford with the right supporting cast can't lead us to the playoffs you're crazy

Archived