Sam Bradford????

Smhx2519

5 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, and Blake Bortles lead teams to the playoffs this year, and Nick Foles won a Super Bowl. If you think that Sam Bradford with the right supporting cast can't lead us to the playoffs you're crazy

Everyone you mentioned played more than 2 games.... Bradford if healthy is fine. But he’s never healthy. He is also 34-45-1 as a starter. 0 playoff appearances. Yeah I’m the crazy one!!!

Oh I should throw in the fact that Bradford/Glennon is costing us more than Cousins/Semian is costing Minnesota... I have been a supporter of Kiem to this point, but I’m quickly loosing faith!!!

1 hour ago, Smhx2519 said:

Everyone you mentioned played more than 2 games.... Bradford if healthy is fine. But he’s never healthy. He is also 34-45-1 as a starter. 0 playoff appearances. Yeah I’m the crazy one!!!

Oh I should throw in the fact that Bradford/Glennon is costing us more than Cousins/Semian is costing Minnesota... I have been a supporter of Kiem to this point, but I’m quickly loosing faith!!!

I may not be the greatest at math, but 28 APY does not equal 24M APY and that's the APY before factoring in Siemian's contract as well. Bradford has also been on pitiful teams in St. Louis, and was with the train wreck that was Chip Kelly in Philly. I said that with the right supporting cast he can lead us to the playoffs and I don't think Bradford has ever had the right supporting cast. Yes, his health is an issue, but the upside to Bradford is far higher than the upside of any QB sans Cousins and potentially Keenum that was on the market. 

7 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I may not be the greatest at math, but 28 APY does not equal 24M APY and that's the APY before factoring in Siemian's contract as well. Bradford has also been on pitiful teams in St. Louis, and was with the train wreck that was Chip Kelly in Philly. I said that with the right supporting cast he can lead us to the playoffs and I don't think Bradford has ever had the right supporting cast. Yes, his health is an issue, but the upside to Bradford is far higher than the upside of any QB sans Cousins and potentially Keenum that was on the market. 

Vikings 2015 with Bridgewater 11-5

Vikings 2016 with Bradford 8-8

Vikings 2017 with Keenum 11-3

Bradford was 2-0 when he went out. 

I don’t think supporting cast in Minnesota was the difference 

2 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

Vikings 2015 with Bridgewater 11-5

Vikings 2016 with Bradford 8-8

Vikings 2017 with Keenum 11-3

Bradford was 2-0 when he went out. 

I don’t think supporting cast in Minnesota was the difference 

You mean the year Adrian Peterson tore his meniscus and their runningbacks were so bad (Asiata and McKinnon) they completely redid the entire backfield by bringing in Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook the next year. There was a 700 yard rushing difference between 2016 and 2017, and a whopping 1000 yard difference between 2015 and 2016. Yes the supporting cast made a HUGE difference. 

In addition, just compare the stats of each QB outside of wins each year.

Bridgewater 2015: 3231 yards 14 TD 9 INTs - 16 Games

Bradford 2016: 3877 yards 20 TDs 5 INTs - 15 Games

Keenum 2017: 3547 yards 22 TDs 7 INT - 14.5 Games

Bradford was not the reason at all that the Vikings missed the playoffs that year. That was on the run game. 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

You mean the year Adrian Peterson tore his meniscus and their runningbacks were so bad (Asiata and McKinnon) they completely redid the entire backfield by bringing in Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook the next year. There was a 700 yard rushing difference between 2016 and 2017, and a whopping 1000 yard difference between 2015 and 2016. Yes the supporting cast made a HUGE difference. 

In addition, just compare the stats of each QB outside of wins each year.

Bridgewater 2015: 3231 yards 14 TD 9 INTs - 16 Games

Bradford 2016: 3877 yards 20 TDs 5 INTs - 15 Games

Keenum 2017: 3547 yards 22 TDs 7 INT - 14.5 Games

Bradford was not the reason at all that the Vikings missed the playoffs that year. That was on the run game. 

So what you’re telling me is that In a year where the running game wasn’t working and they needed to lean on the passing game, Bradford responded with 600 more yards and 3 less wins!!! That says playoffs all over it!!! How could I possibly doubt him? ?

11 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

So what you’re telling me is that In a year where the running game wasn’t working and they needed to lean on the passing game, Bradford responded with 600 more yards and 3 less wins!!! That says playoffs all over it!!! How could I possibly doubt him? ?

How dense are you? I'm telling you that a balanced attack is preferable to a pass heavy offense in the Vikings system. This isn't rocket science buddy, they're a ball control team who would rather run the ball than pass it. It’s clear that the issue in 2016 for the Vikes was not Bradford 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

How dense are you? I'm telling you that a balanced attack is preferable to a pass heavy offense in the Vikings system. This isn't rocket science buddy, they're a ball control team who would rather run the ball than pass it. It’s clear that the issue in 2016 for the Vikes was not Bradford 

Have you bought your Bradford jersey yet? If you can pull your lips off Sammy’s *** for a minute you would realize that he has a losing record and has missed a third of the games he could have played in. He is not a winner.... Has never been in a playoff game!!!! 

Keep drinking the cool aid Einstein!!!

10 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

Have you bought your Bradford jersey yet? If you can pull your lips off Sammy’s *** for a minute you would realize that he has a losing record and has missed a third of the games he could have played in. He is not a winner.... Has never been in a playoff game!!!! 

Keep drinking the cool aid Einstein!!!

I’m not sitting here trying to make Sam Bradford the next biggest thing, but to think that this team isn’t better off with him than without him is a bold faced lie. I’m not by any means a homer, I’ve called us out for bad moves before, this is not one of them. If we put the right team around Bradford we are a playoff team. Plain and simple. That’s been my narrative this whole time, and I’m sticking to it. He amount of downright terrible QBs that have made the playoffs is staggering: to think that Bradford can’t lead us there takes a certain amount of blindness that I will never be able to understand. 

You wanna know who was a winner when he came to Arizona? Buddy Ryan

Vikings fan here to clear up some things:

In 2016, the Vikings probably had one of the worst offensive lines of the modern era by mid season, and the reason they went from 5-0 to missing the playoffs. Kalil was a shell of his 2012 rookie season, and everyone else was a revolving door because of injuries. Pretty sure we broke the record for most TFL allowed since it was recorded, and some other stupid stat like "most first contacts behind the line of scrimmage on run plays". We also had literally no running game as AD was injured and McKinnon is only a 3rd-down back (albeit a good one).

Despite all of this, Bradford broke the single season completion percentage record in an Air Coryell style offense. It was an impressive feat. He also then had one of the best regular season performances by a QB I've personally ever seen, back in Week 1 of last season against the Saints.

He's a very talented player if you give him a good offensive line. He's just made of glass. Considering it's a 1 year deal, I think it's pretty good for you guys.

6 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I’m not sitting here trying to make Sam Bradford the next biggest thing, but to think that this team isn’t better off with him than without him is a bold faced lie. I’m not by any means a homer, I’ve called us out for bad moves before, this is not one of them. If we put the right team around Bradford we are a playoff team. Plain and simple. That’s been my narrative this whole time, and I’m sticking to it. He amount of downright terrible QBs that have made the playoffs is staggering: to think that Bradford can’t lead us there takes a certain amount of blindness that I will never be able to understand. 

Ok the Buddy Ryan comment hurts!!! That team was a playoff team if they had kept Buggle for one more year. 

Now back to Bradford, history says he will play about 9 games before he’s out with injury. Then after that anything good Bradford may do will be wiped away with Glennon. By the end of the season we are playing a rookie and welcome back to the years after Warner. Or flash backs of Cliff Stout after Lomax got hurt.

Sorry I think we could have done better...

On 3/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

Bradford can play, especially if you protect him. But the NFC is going to be brutal next year. Making the playoffs is going to be difficult for everyone. I hope he stays healthy for y'all. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Sam because Fisher and Spags did their damnedest to ruin his career.

Archived