What QB do you want?

mistakey

Choice: 2018  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who You Got? (Alphabetically to avoid bias)

• Josh Allen (lulz)
    • Sam Darnold
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Rosen
    • #AnyoneButAllen
    • None of the Above, I like Sadness, Take skill players and roll with Tyrod!

1. Sam Darnold

2. Josh Rosen (distant second, don’t really like the fit with us).

None of the others, because what’s the point of ranking them if you believe they won’t be good? That being said, if I had to choose one of the rest, probably Allen just because of the supreme tools and pro style experience. Wouldn’t want him or any of the rest though.

Darnold for sure. 

Rosen is a very close second. I’m pretty positive both will have a high floor. 

Mayfield is my third. Think his floor is a decent starter. 

Allen is my wildcard. I have a feeling he’s going to be better than most feel. Word is he’s improved drastically with his mechanics and is throwing with better accuracy. Still would take the top guys over him, but his upside is tantalizing. 

Still need to research the rest. Like I said before if you need a backup qb this is the year to draft one. It’s mad deep with them. 

There is no need to make a list and check it twice when you have the #1 overall and you need a franchise QB. 

Sam Darnold is your pick. 

If the vast majority of us agree he is the pick then boom. He's the guy. Drop the mic and get another cup of coffee. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

My personal list has two tiers where the two guys are basically even for me.

1 - Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield

2 - Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson

But I would be okay with any of them being the pick, especially Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold because I think it would take a special offensive mind to really use Lamar and I don't think we have that. 

#AnyoneButAllen

9 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

My list as follows

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Mayfield

30. Allen

In all seriousness, there should probably be a lot of guys ahead of Allen, not just those consensus top 3. If the game was about 70 yard bombs, he’s your guy. As far as playing the QB position in the NFL, I’m not sure he’s a top 10 QB in this draft class. 

I think the best quarterbacks are Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Rudolph/Jackson then Allen. All we have is college games though and that can change going forward.

I don't think Allen throwing for 56% in a pro style offense in the MWC means he will be better than any listed above him in the pros. All he proved in being in a pro style offense is that he isn't very good in it. That is great to know but in no way elevates his status to me.

Rosen's concussion scares me, it wouldn't have 10 years ago but a lot has changed. Makes him a big gamble as a long term starter.

Mayfield isn't ideal in height, he is accurate and has good ball placement which are two of the most important elements of being a passer.

Darnold can accumulate numbers with the best of them and has the potential to be the best but his mistakes drop him a bit, could be inexperience or it could just be who he is.

Jackson is a wildcard, probably could be top 15 at some point but likely not to ever be a top 10 passer. Same with Rudolph, I don't think there is anything special there but he could be in a Tannehill tier.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think the best quarterbacks are Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Rudolph/Jackson then Allen. All we have is college games though and that can change going forward.

I don't think Allen throwing for 56% in a pro style offense in the MWC means he will be better than any listed above him in the pros. All he proved in being in a pro style offense is that he isn't very good in it. That is great to know but in no way elevates his status to me.

Rosen's concussion scares me, it wouldn't have 10 years ago but a lot has changed. Makes him a big gamble as a long term starter.

Mayfield isn't ideal in height, he is accurate and has good ball placement which are two of the most important elements of being a passer.

Darnold can accumulate numbers with the best of them and has the potential to be the best but his mistakes drop him a bit, could be inexperience or it could just be who he is.

Jackson is a wildcard, probably could be top 15 at some point but likely not to ever be a top 10 passer. Same with Rudolph, I don't think there is anything special there but he could be in a Tannehill tier.

So, what QB do you want?

Make a decision, man.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So, what QB do you want?

Make a decision, man.

I don't know what our offense is going to be. It is easier to pick when you know what the QB is coming in to, like picking for the Saints or Patriots or Steelers would be fairly easy but I don't know what we are going to ask of our QBOTF. I think some of the top 3 QBs would do better than the others in certain circumstances, depending on what the offense is built around. I have no idea if we are going to be asking the QB to throw open the WR 40 yards down the field or to be timely on the quick hitters.

Since I don't know I guess I'd just go with versatility and say Mayfield-Darnold-Rosen.

Seriously, fun side topic, which tier would you put Allen in IF it wasn't for all the draft guys saying he is going top 6 and basically forcing us to make him part of the top 5 discussion? Because, I'll be honest, I have Allen in my top 6 right now, but I think it's mostly because I feel like I can't be THAT much smarter/less blinded by biceps than all these draft experts.

I think I would have the top tiers:

Rosen - Mayfield
Darnold - Jackson
Rudolph - Lauletta
Allen - White - etc.

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Seriously, fun side topic, which tier would you put Allen in IF it wasn't for all the draft guys saying he is going top 6 and basically forcing us to make him part of the top 5 discussion? Because, I'll be honest, I have Allen in my top 6 right now, but I think it's mostly because I feel like I can't be THAT much smarter/less blinded by biceps than all these draft experts.

Rosen - Mayfield
Darnold - Jackson
Rudolph - Lauletta
Allen - White - etc.

It’s quite clearly:

Darnold/Rosen

Mayfield. 

Allen

the field

I know people want to crap on Allen, but I don’t think his legacy is set in stone with his stats. He’s a wildcard no doubt. But there’s something to him that tells me he’s going to have success in the league. 

Why do I have to be so busy with work. I really need to do research on him. 

I guess I'm an anomaly because I have Darnold and Mayfield 1a and 1b, just based on how I think they'd adapt to being a Brown. I like Darnold's "Show me what you need, Coach" attitude. And I also like Mayfield's "Just gimme the ball" attitude. I believe they both have the necessary tools and can overcome their weaknesses in time. I only rank Mayfield 2nd because of the level of risk I think he'll put his body in more to attempt  the big play, not that moxie isn't a bad trait, but weakens longevity.

#3 Rosen, again based on the attitude I perceive. He has the tools though, and a season of holding the clipboard and getting into a NFL weight training, conditioning, and nutrition program could go a long way to helping his body withstand injury.

#4 Jackson, because I am intrigued. Yes, very intrigued indeed.

#5 Allen, because of my perceived Derek Anderson-like accuracy. Just enough natural talent to salivate me, but then remind myself of Derek Anderson when watching gametape.

44 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Rosen - Mayfield
Darnold - Jackson
Rudolph - Lauletta
Allen - White - etc.

A lot of the "experts" maybe even the vast majority have Allen ahead of Mayfield and probably as many have him ahead of Rosen as have him below him. So yeah, Allen has to be better than us non-experts think he is, I get that.

I probably evaluate QBs a little different than the experts though. I don't care about prototypical size and great arm strength, they are tie breakers but both are down the list on what makes a QB good imo.

#1 is probably just being comfortable which is easy to evaluate at the college level but the game speed is different in the NFL and that fraction of a second may make a difference, there isn't really any way to know until they get enough NFL game action to judge so it's just a guessing game.

#2 is accuracy, if you can't hit your target it doesn't matter if your read and timing is good, you are still going to be a bad passer.

#3 is whatever, don't really care enough as long as it is at an acceptable level for the NFL.

Archived