What QB do you want?

mistakey

Choice: 2018  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who You Got? (Alphabetically to avoid bias)

• Josh Allen (lulz)
    • Sam Darnold
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Rosen
    • #AnyoneButAllen
    • None of the Above, I like Sadness, Take skill players and roll with Tyrod!

49 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

It’s quite clearly:

There is nothing clear about the top 4ish in this draft and anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched these guys enough.

That's not to say that INDIVIDUALS can't have clear, definite opinions on the QBs. But as far as clear, indisputable tiers or rankings I think it's a total toss up.

This isn't because the QB's are just hard to judge, it's that they are all SO different, with such different strengths and weaknesses. I think an individuals rankings, if you watch everybody at least a few games (which is easy with youtube now), is gonna come down to what you love/hate most in QBs.

Love raw size/arm? You're a Josh Allen fan. Think college stats can translate well to predict NFL success? Probably a Mayfield guy. Think running QBs add an element to an offense and can survive? Jackson. Think age is important or that turnovers in college are excusable on bad teams? Probably a Darnold fan. Think that the most successful NFL QBs should be field generals who operate from the pocket? Can I introduce you to Josh Rosen?

There is no "clearly" other than in our own minds, and really the tiers are going to be greatly affected team-to-team by scheme fit, interviews, and medicals. 

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

There is nothing clear about the top 4ish in this draft and anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched these guys enough.

That's not to say that INDIVIDUALS can't have clear, definite opinions on the QBs. But as far as clear, indisputable tiers or rankings I think it's a total toss up.

This isn't because the QB's are just hard to judge, it's that they are all SO different, with such different strengths and weaknesses. I think an individuals rankings, if you watch everybody at least a few games (which is easy with youtube now), is gonna come down to what you love/hate most in QBs.

Love raw size/arm? You're a Josh Allen fan. Think college stats can translate well to predict NFL success? Probably a Mayfield guy. Think running QBs add an element to an offense and can survive? Jackson. Think age is important or that turnovers in college are excusable on bad teams? Probably a Darnold fan. Think that the most successful NFL QBs should be field generals who operate from the pocket? Can I introduce you to Josh Rosen?

There is no "clearly" other than in our own minds, and really the tiers are going to be greatly affected team-to-team by scheme fit, interviews, and medicals. 

I honestly think there is a clear tier. I’m confident it’ll be revealed on draft night. 

I will agree with you that this is a really good year to have a pick outside of number one. I feel really strongly there is a clear hierarchy of qbs. But the other two are 1a and 2. 

Dang good thing I’m busy with work. Time flies and all. 

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

True. I'm busy too, but it's the time slows down busy right now. Bleh.

I hear you. That’s the not so good busy. My problem is I seem to always get busy during peak Browns/Cavs/Indians news. 

6 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Does anyone go into this season  thinking Hue Jackson is definitely in our Year 4 plans? And how this may affect the type of QB drafted by Dorsey?

I think the call is in his court. If he wins, sure he’s in.  If not, no.

I wouldn’t worry about the coach, I’d just take the best player.  

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the call is in his court. If he wins, sure he’s in.  If not, no.

I wouldn’t worry about the coach, I’d just take the best player.  

Don't you think Hues has any say on who's his QB Pick? For good or for ill? And would Dorsey completely overrule him if that was the opposite route he felt it should go?

1 minute ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Don't you think Hues has any say on who's his QB Pick? For good or for ill? And would Dorsey completely overrule him if that was the opposite route he felt it should go?

Define say.  Will he be involved? Sure. Is Dorsey still swinging the big d*ck?  Yep.

If there’s a debate, I feel comforted in assuming Dorsey will take his guy.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Define say.  Will he be involved? Sure. Is Dorsey still swinging the big d*ck?  Yep.

If there’s a debate, I feel comforted in assuming Dorsey will take his guy.

Do think it might become a point of contention if Dorsey gets "his guy" and Hue doesn't adapt, while Hues guy does big things in say New York?

Archived