Prospect Watch: Courtland Sutton

diamondbull424

"That's my take and what I'd do, but the slam down prediction for our pick is: Courtland Sutton WR SMU. By all accounts his intangibles are off the charts and he's a wonderful kid, one that our FO should fall in love with. His play is overrated, he isn't Julio and teams will know that but we won't care. After being burned by the pure H/W/S specimen that was Perriman, Sutton's character and 'sound' game will keep him at the top of our boards and they'll fool themselves into thinking he's a steal. He isn't horrible or even not good but he isn't worth the 16th pick in this draft. If Ridley is gone, he'll be the pick."

I wrote that on January 6th, and it sucks that it's now coming full circle. Throughout the process the rise of Gallup, Moore, and even Washington allowed me to erase the fear of us drafting him. His performance at the combine has returned his stock to where it was, but DJ Moore still exists. Grant is no longer attached to the team, so any fear of Moore being passed over for another type of receiver should be gone. I wouldn't worry about it too much guys.

Archived