Bears to sign QBs Chase Daniel & Tyler Bray

pigsooie5

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

While I'd like Sanchez to be the QB3 as a mentor, is much rather have Daniels in for spot duty. 

I think they are going to draft a guy in the late rounds.  I really like Mike White from Western Kentucky in the 6th.  Not a real toolsy guy, but hes accurrate and very football intelligent.  A good guy to groom and maybe get something for in a couple years.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think they are going to draft a guy in the late rounds.  I really like Mike White from Western Kentucky in the 6th.  Not a real toolsy guy, but hes accurrate and very football intelligent.  A good guy to groom and maybe get something for in a couple years.

I'd be fine with that. Get someone in the system while it is being installed and hopefully get a solid backup from them knowing the system so well. Or potentially being trade value even. 

If we wait til the 7th I'd take a swing with JT Barrett. Great intangibles, hell of an athlete, would be a major threat for RPOs, read opions, etc. He isn' as accurate as White but can become a decent spot starter if he is in the system. 

With as many needs as we have, I'm still hoping Pace finally gets on board with his professed "Acquire a QB every year" plan and drafts one, bringing his average up a little!  Would love to have a home grown backup;  you never know who's going to turn out to be either a)good enough to pressure your starterDakB)good enough to be a cheap backup C)good enough/appear good enough to get some team to give you something for him in a few years 

Archived