Bears to sign QBs Chase Daniel & Tyler Bray

pigsooie5

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Another addition to the Bears QB room. Tyler Bray is set to agree to terms with the Chicago Bears, per source. @gmfb @nflnetwork @NFL

The Tyler Bray signing is a very solid move. 

Nagy and Helfrich and even Chase Daniel will be spending most of their time working with Trubisky and the 1s. But there is an entire subset of guys who are going to need help with the offense. Bellamy, White, drafted WRs, backup OLmen, the 3rd TE, the backup RB will all benefit from Bray's understanding of the offense and the fact that they will actually work together everyday.

My guess is he will be more valuable than we think once the depth guys need to move into the top group throughout the season.

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Sort of? I would have much preferred they draft a guy, but Bray is a good backup. Keeping the pick...may be the better move at the moment. 

signing Bray doesn't prevent you from drafting a guy. If anything, it gives you another QB throughout all of OTAs and TC that already knows the offense, and can help everyone, from QBs, WRs, RBs, and Oline pick up on things better. Will help all depth guys learn the offense faster.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

signing Bray doesn't prevent you from drafting a guy. If anything, it gives you another QB throughout all of OTAs and TC that already knows the offense, and can help everyone, from QBs, WRs, RBs, and Oline pick up on things better. Will help all depth guys learn the offense faster.

Exactly. I mocked him to us repeatedly because he accelerates the learning curve for the rest of the offense. Even if he gets cut on final cuts, he still has numerous months to to help his teammates get the concepts and terminology down. 

Archived