Jaguars sign CB DJ Hayden

Supposedly essentially a 9.5 over 2, so just about 1M more what I pay him. Again, I think the hope here is he finds his way back to his pre-injury form. Hopefully playing along side Jalen and BOUYE gets his swag back. 

I really haven't looked at who else was out there at corner since I just kind of assumed well draft A.C. replacement, but at worst he's an average body. 

If you can somehow harness his potential though...watch out

25 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Signing Hayden doesn't prevent us from drafting a potential replacement.

This.

More than I'd pay him, but this can be a 2 yr contract at under 5M per for another upside guy 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This.

More than I'd pay him, but this can be a 2 yr contract at under 5M per for another upside guy 

He missed the whole point I’d rather just draft a guy than waste money on just a guy. I’m know it doesn’t prevent us from drafting 1.. that’s obvious ? I understand we need depth at corner but i’d rather sign a corner that can play on the outside.. Hayden has played slot his whole career.. if Ramsey or Bouye gets nicked and has to miss a game or 2 I doubt Hayden would hold up playing on the outside. If you draft a athletic and talented kid in the first 3 rounds and have him play slot it seems more logical to me. I don’t like just adding to the cap when I can pay a kid on a rookie contract that I can get better production out of.

17 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

He missed the whole point I’d rather just draft a guy than waste money on just a guy. I’m know it doesn’t prevent us from drafting 1.. that’s obvious ? I understand we need depth at corner but i’d rather sign a corner that can play on the outside.. Hayden has played slot his whole career.. if Ramsey or Bouye gets nicked and has to miss a game or 2 I doubt Hayden would hold up playing on the outside. If you draft a athletic and talented kid in the first 3 rounds and have him play slot it seems more logical to me. I don’t like just adding to the cap when I can pay a kid on a rookie contract that I can get better production out of.

So instead of bringing in a veteran and drafting a rookie to have added competition and depth, you would rather draft only a rookie and hope that he produces day one?

23 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Need more than 3 corners at times. Especially with possible injuries. This guy could find his pre injury form and be a bargain too.

We'll see though.

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

So instead of bringing in a veteran and drafting a rookie to have added competition and depth, you would rather draft only a rookie and hope that he produces day one?

My feelings as well. We basically have Ramsey and Bouye and nothing else that you feel confident about.

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Exactly my thoughts plus Hayden is hurt more often than Colvin

Not take into account he may have wanted a bigger role? Not to mention a decent sized difference in guarantees here.

Obviously we don't know what the market was giving Hayden, but that just seems.... not great. Didn't really love the CBs in this FA class to begin with, especially outside of the ones who were gonna command a number we were never going to pay, and he has upside so that's nice I suppose. Kinda meh to me.

Archived