Jaguars sign CB DJ Hayden

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Would ha preferred drafting AC replacement than signing Hayden to this deal.

It's pretty easy to just rely on the draft but there's a lot of depth needed by this team still.

We don't have a backup QB.

Wed like an upgrade at G or swing tackle. 

SLB is needed.

TE is likely a target.

Those positions alone take our top 4 picks and since we don't have a 5th, we can't really gamble on a 6th/7th round rookie being our nickel.

Having Hayden gives us flexibility that we won't have to feel like we need to reach for a corner if there are better players in different position

they cut him because he didn't want to renegotiate. He would have cost alot more money than what were paying Hayden, and even likely what Colvin got. 

I could dream about calais and Leonard convincing him,  but realistically it's probably not going to happen. 

15 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

they cut him because he didn't want to renegotiate. He would have cost alot more money than what were paying Hayden, and even likely what Colvin got. 

I could dream about calais and Leonard convincing him,  but realistically it's probably not going to happen. 

I think it’s a pretty easy sale to get him here at 8-9 mil first year and 10 mill per after that  year to play in this defense. He wouldn’t be asked to do much. 

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that but sometimes waiting means we wind up with nothing plus getting HB wasnt a slam dunk 

well theres always the draft ;) and not to ruin the mood but PFF said he was the 96th best CB Last year in the league. im sure we would have found someone else to play nickle like Bryce Callahan(RFA who was ROR), Lane, Claiborne, shead.  Hell Look what the Rams give NB Nickell Robey-Coleman which was 3 years 15.75 Million and he was one of the best Nickles in the NFL last year. 

you cant tell me we didnt overpay for a lousy former 1st round bust. 

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

you think I can’t get Campbell on the phone to have him come sit with AJ and Ramsey to play the slot after I cut Hurns? 

Yes. I think that you can’t get Campbell on the phone nor cut Hurns.

Archived