Jaguars sign CB DJ Hayden

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Because this is totally relatable...

One got 9.5M gtd, one turned down over 9M per yr.

Yep this exactly.  9M was the starting point for badger. Calais would be the greatest recruiter ever if he manages to pull this off

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Can we afford him without cutting anyone important?

Can we? Sure. And it depends on your definition of important. 

Is Hurns "important" with Lee and Moncrief in the fold? If not that's 7M.

Is Abry important with Dareus and Malik? They like Ankou too. That's $4M.

Those two are probably prime candidates if we want to make room for Badger.

But how much money do you want to allocate on that defense? and that secondary? Bouye makes 15.5. Jalen is around 7M. Badger will (let's assume a "generous" deal did 10M, 1 over what AZ offered). That's 30M on corners alone (Hayden is around 4M I think? Church is 5 and Gipson is 7) and 45 for secondary total, and that's before you have to pay Jalen.

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

But how much money do you want to allocate on that defense? and that secondary? Bouye makes 15.5. Jalen is around 7M. Badger will (let's assume a "generous" deal did 10M, 1 over what AZ offered). That's 30M on corners alone (Hayden is around 4M I think? Church is 5 and Gipson is 7) and 45 for secondary total, and that's before you have to pay Jalen.

I’m not saying do it. Let someone else give him 12+. Isnt he usually hurt?

On 3/15/2018 at 8:11 AM, Speedyg said:

we can afford to have Honey badger for a year or 2 and then cut Gipson and move Honeybadger to FS or draft a new FS. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

lee is getting like 16.5 over 2 years so call it 8.75 a year.  Honeybadger probably take like 10 so call it 1.25 more.  not really reckless. 

Not sure why you think/what has shown he'll get 10M.

Pretty sure it'll be more than that. Even if not, no point in moving on from Gip who is already v good. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

why settle for very good when u can have better? 

Because his name is better/more known than his play the past couple years. Cardinals aren't just letting an elite player walk at an important position if there isn't serious issues/fallbacks with him.

I like him, but I'm not paying more while taking the injury risk to go from Gip to Matheiu.

Archived