Jaguars sign CB DJ Hayden

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because his name is better/more known than his play the past couple years. Cardinals aren't just letting an elite player walk at an important position if there isn't serious issues/fallbacks with him.

I like him, but I'm not paying more while taking the injury risk to go from Gip to Matheiu.

the cardinals are idiots. i mean 20 million for Glass Bradford and ? for glennon.  they needed to do a better job then that with their window closing with fitz. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i agree. they probably should have just essentially do a rebuild from the ground up. its not like they had much talent outside of David Johnson, and Patrick Peterson. 

Yea I just feel bad for Fitzgerald. He went from 1 good but injury prone QB in Palmer to another in Bradford

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure why you think/what has shown he'll get 10M.

Pretty sure it'll be more than that. Even if not, no point in moving on from Gip who is already v good. 

i could definitely lived paying him 8 million on a 1 year deal. very little downside to the deal.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont want to cut Gipson for Mathieu

Same. 

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

mathieu is better. 

I really don't think he is.  Not as a legitimate FS at least.

Gipson was a massively more important element to how well our secondary functioned last year, than Colvin as a NB for example.

The Honey Badger is all name recognition, and all gamble all the time.  Not the guy you want playing Gip's role here.  And not worth it as a NB in this scheme.  If we were gonna spend big on the nickel spot...just bring back Colvin, who proved definitively that he can be part of the best secondary in the league here, by actually doing it.

Like I said if you don’t sign Hayden and you waited until the draft this deal could have been done. Always look to make your strength stronger Honey badger can play all the positions on the defensive back field. Now you have to play him twice a year.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Thanks for the read Buzz good article I think Hayden might be suitable to replace Colvin. I also think playing with better pieces around him will help his game as well. The writer seems to think a lot of his errors came from not having a reliable safety help. I’m sure AJ and Ramsey will help him sharpen his blade as well we’ll see.

So the money could've been used to secure Honey Badger, but instead the Jaguars are hoping that Hayden finally reaches his potential. 

Now hindsight is 20/20 and no one predicted that HB would be a FA and if Hayden does somehow manage to reach his potential (I like the faith you folks have in the coaching staff) then this will be worth it. 

Jags FA 2018 - A elite guard and then a bunch of JAGs signed to prove it deals. 

On 3/22/2018 at 6:50 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m still scratching my head on the $ but its clear we lost our slot guy and didn't have a replacement. Shame Colvin wouldn’t have taken similar money to stay here

i would rather signed HB on a 1 year "prove it" deal and then make a decision if we wanted to move on from him or potentially gipson/church. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They signed Hayden before Tyrann was even released.

yes but im pretty sure everyone knew tyrann was likely gonna be cut or restructured.  i would have gambled a few days. hayden isnt a cant miss signing.  hell i would rather have duke dawson at Slot. 

Archived