Jerrick McKinnon agrees to terms with the 49ers

DirtyJersey9er

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Oh no, I understood you. In the last 5 games with Garoppolo, we averaged 27.4 carries/game (not including Garoppolo attempts because of kneeldowns/scrambles). I expect that trend to continue. I think McKinnon will be more in the 12-15 carry range. Not an extraordinary difference,  but a notable one I think.

Just to be obnoxious, I'm going to come in right in the middle of you both and say that he averages 10-12 a game :D

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Oh no, I understood you. In the last 5 games with Garoppolo, we averaged 27.4 carries/game (not including Garoppolo attempts because of kneeldowns/scrambles). I expect that trend to continue. I think McKinnon will be more in the 12-15 carry range. Not an extraordinary difference,  but a notable one I think.

Fair enough. And it is possible. An offense that sustains drives does mean more carries. I could see your number in that situation. 8 million is still rich, but less utterly incomprehensible given the baselines for running back production.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Joe Williams lights it up in camp and takes over the starting duties........

No seriously though, that may very well happen. Dude is super talented but looks a bit lazy. Guys like that tend to either flame out or all of a sudden start to "get it" and take off.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Joe Williams lights it up in camp and takes over the starting duties........

No seriously though, that may very well happen. Dude is super talented but looks a bit lazy. Guys like that tend to either flame out or all of a sudden start to "get it" and take off.

Would affect Breida more than McKinnon, I think. McKinnon's role is fairly agnostic of the rest of the carries. He's there to get touches giving you a lottery at the home run. 

Now that I've gotten my grumpy posts out of the way...

The most sure fire comp for McKinnon has to be Gio Bernard. I like Bernard more as a player, but adjust for inflation (gio signed prior to 2016) and open market (Gio didn't hit the market), and I probably would have settled somewhere beteween 5.5 - 6 on McKinnon if I had really thought about it. Still poor value and an overpay, but if I didn't care about the extra 2 million with Lewis, I can't really care all that much about it with McKinnon, even if I did much prefer Lewis' all around game. Drop in the bucket. 

Just now, Forge said:

Now that I've gotten my grumpy posts out of the way...

The most sure fire comp for McKinnon has to be Gio Bernard. I like Bernard more as a player, but adjust for inflation (gio signed prior to 2016) and open market (Gio didn't hit the market), and I probably would have settled somewhere beteween 5.5 - 6 on McKinnon if I had really thought about it. Still poor value and an overpay, but if I didn't care about the extra 2 million with Lewis, I can't really care all that much about it with McKinnon, even if I did much prefer Lewis' all around game. Drop in the bucket. 

Especially if most if not all of the excess is on this year's cap.

3 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Player A

40 - 4.40

Bench Press - 29

Vert - 41

20 yard shuttle - 4.24

Jerick McKInnon

40 - 4.41

Bench Press - 32

Vert - 40.5

20 yard shuttle - 4.12

Any guesses?