WE RE-SIGNED NIGEL!!!! WOOOO!!! 5 YRS/40 MIL

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Thank you! 

Am I the only one that likes Rodney?  I do want Mathieu though by any means

I don't like or dislike him. He was actually as a whole, pretty average. He's overpaid, but not an awful player.

Rodney is solid/unremarkable...we'll move on at some point probably. But we can and have had way way worse.

Eventually we need to get a guy who can mirror Malcolm..it was a joke in the super bowl how exposed out coverage was by simple motion. Having a guy who can be more versatile that Rodney would allow us to mask better and make it take longer to read the coverage = more sacks by our Dline

I would really like us to draft a S with our first pick. He´d be basically a starter given how much we use three safeties. And he´ll be ready to start full time next year when we cut Rodney. 

Or we could just draft Orlando Brown and get the OT need over with. 

People are starting to really underappreciate McLeod.

There arent that many safeties at his age with his talent. 

He isnt an elite player by any means. And has his weaknesses. But the good far outweighs the bad IMO.

Like does noone remember the dark days of Considine and Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman and Patrick Chung?

Kendricks for sure has got to be traded this offseason.

He finally proved he is more the a mirage of a player and the Eagles probably will want to pay Hicks next offseason and aren't going to have 3 high priced LB's. Add in the signing of Corey Nelson, whose best fit seems to be WIL and this is a good draft for LB.

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kendricks for sure has got to be traded this offseason.

He finally proved he is more the a mirage of a player and the Eagles probably will want to pay Hicks next offseason and aren't going to have 3 high priced LB's. Add in the signing of Corey Nelson, whose best fit seems to be WIL and this is a good draft for LB.

See I wouldnt sign Hicks I would just hope he stays healthy this year plays at his high level and then goes and gets us a comp pick. 

Still think even with Nelson on board we should draft another linebacker at some point really fix the depth there. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

People are starting to really underappreciate McLeod.

There arent that many safeties at his age with his talent. 

He isnt an elite player by any means. And has his weaknesses. But the good far outweighs the bad IMO.

Like does noone remember the dark days of Considine and Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman and Patrick Chung?

In a team of no huge holes..you gotta start look at shaky chains or chains that aren't worth the premium they are costing.

Rodney has been good or solid for the most part...but he's limited in what he can do. 
There is room for improvement at the position. We did a lot of different stuff last year with 3 safeties, would be interesting to see them develop that further with more versatile guys.

So if we can draft a guy to develop, we could move on in a year or two when the contract allows.

But when long term back up plan at OT, RB in two years and one of your safeties being a bit overpayed are like your biggest issues....life is pretty good

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

In a team of no huge holes..you gotta start look at shaky chains or chains that aren't worth the premium they are costing.

Rodney has been good or solid for the most part...but he's limited in what he can do. 
There is room for improvement at the position. We did a lot of different stuff last year with 3 safeties, would be interesting to see them develop that further with more versatile guys.

So if we can draft a guy to develop, we could move on in a year or two when the contract allows.

But when long term back up plan at OT, RB in two years and one of your safeties being a bit overpayed are like your biggest issues....life is pretty good

I would say our biggest issue right now is we don't have any back up tight ends. 

56 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I would say our biggest issue right now is we don't have any back up tight ends. 

Oh true, yea that’s our one pressing need

I kinda forgot we are living in a world without Celek or Trey now

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Oh true, yea that’s our one pressing need

I kinda forgot we are living in a world without Celek or Trey now

I remember a cpl days ago when whether or not Trey would leave was being discussed, a few people kept bringing up that PS TE we have. I dont remember the name. 

But a few people seemed to think he could replace Trey with relative ease IIRC. 

I still think there's a decent chance we sign a TE. Martellus Bennett is seeming like it could really happen. He legitimately told NE hed take less $ if they were able to get his big bro. But we ended up with him, Martellus Bennett is now a FA....we could use a proven backup TE.

And tbh hed be a good fit. He isnt the receiver he used to be but hes still one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL

Archived