Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

Titans re-sign OG Josh Kline

Good resigning imo. Seems to be a better fit in a zone blocking scheme and always nice to have consistency within the OL.

I can remember seeing estimates that he could make between 7-8mil per year so 6.5 looks good.

Wonder what the incentives are but guarantees seem about right. Hope the new scheme fits him better.

So we are especially going to have the same starters as last year which isn’t terrible. Spain will most likely be back and there’s always a chance Conklin makes it back in time but if not we have Kelly.

Titans just need to find some depth now 

Posted (edited)

Fully expect them to draft someone who will compete with Spain/Jones. Wouldn’t call the starters all intact just yet. At least I hope not.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fully expect them to draft someone who will compete with Spain/Jones. Wouldn’t call the starters all intact just yet. At least I hope not.

We'll bring in someone to compete with Spain I suspect, at that money I suspect Kline is fully entrenched as starter.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That’s what I meant.... Kline is definitely the starter but neither Jones or Spain are locked in.

I read Jones as Kline for some reason lmao.

I need to go back to bed.

I think the next couple days should answer if we're happy with Jones or not. Sullivan is there for the taking if we're not. Could grab him on a 2 or so year deal and draft his eventual replacement this year or the next.

Posted (edited)

I would take a look at Jenson from the Ravens. He can play all 3 interior positions and that ginger has a mean streak. I seen him in a few games last year competing well after the whistle.

Edited by lamont
n/a

I'm happy we re-signed him, but I honestly wasn't expecting him to cost that much. Oh well. I think Spain could definitely be upgraded though. At least bring in some good competition. 

I expected more, to be honest, and I kind of feared we overpaid when I first read the news. But this is pretty damn good. I'm glad we got him back, especially because I too think the new system with more zone blocking should do him good.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. 1 year, $4.5 million with a whole lot of fluff.

And this is why I typically save this for @ragevsuall17. Didn't even notice the roster bonus. So it's actually a $5.75 million cap hit in year one.