Browns to sign Carlos Hyde 3 yrs/15 million

LETSGOBROWNIES

I dunno, guys. I loved Hyde in Columbus - but with the depth of the RB class coming out this year, I feel this may have been an unnecessary signing. And you wouldn't have all those miles on the tires.

$5M a year is feature back money.

25 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I dunno, guys. I loved Hyde in Columbus - but with the depth of the RB class coming out this year, I feel this may have been an unnecessary signing. And you wouldn't have all those miles on the tires.

$5M a year is feature back money.

It's a very "meh" signing to me.

Hyde is the definition of above average, but he's got some definite injury concerns.

I don't hate the price tag, but that makes him the 8th highest paid RB in the league.

If he's healthy and paired with Duke, I love it.

I do love that we can walk away after this year if he's hurt/underperforms.

I still expect us to draft a RB. Duke isn't exactly always healthy or a between the tackles runner either.

I have a feeling we go more for a 3rd-5th round RB then a round 1-2 back at this point. I’d still love to land a good starting caliber back via draft, but we’re not in bad shape with Hyde/Duke. 

Hyde isn’t Jeremy Hill, so that’s a win. Crow had to go, so this is as good as a FA signing as I could have hoped for. Premiere RBs don’t really hit the open market. 

Archived