Browns to sign Darren Fells, TE, 3yr/12 million

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Goodbye Telfer. How he's stuck so long on the roster baffles me. He's definitely a "Tank Carder All Star" if I've ever seen one. 

Not sure why you hated a 3rd string TE so much. He was perfectly fine for what he was. I obviously think Fells is a better version of Telfer, but I'd have been ok with keeping Randall another year.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Not sure why you hated a 3rd string TE so much.

I don't hate him.

He was perfectly fine for what he was.

I think that he's an average AT BEST blocker with zero threat of catching the football.

I obviously think Fells is a better version of Telfer,

So, you bash me for saying that Fells is better and then say that Fells is better. 

but I'd have been ok with keeping Randall another year.

It's not his fault that he had a bad foot injury and I was rooting for him. That said, he's physically LIMITED and has zero athletic skills at the NFL level to make an impact on a team's roster.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So, you bash me for saying that Fells is better and then say that Fells is better. 

I never bashed you for saying Fells is better. I just didn't think upgrading Randall Telfer would excite people so much. It seemed like people were too excited to see Telfer leave when he wasn't even that bad of a player for us. That's all.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I never bashed you for saying Fells is better. I just didn't think upgrading Randall Telfer would excite people so much. It seemed like people were too excited to see Telfer leave when he wasn't even that bad of a player for us. That's all.

giphy.gif

LOL

Kidding bro! :)

Just trying to get overly excited about these mediocre free agents.

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Anything that makes the run game better works for me 

Njocku shouldn’t ever run block again in his career

He’s a kid, TE’s take some time to develop.

I think when he’s older, like after he turns 22 for example, he might be better in the run game.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Anything that makes the run game better works for me 

Njocku shouldn’t ever run block again in his career

I'd agree because he's way more valuable running routes.

BUT.

Njoku was a top 10 rated blocking TE in the league post-bye week. He's incredibly strong and very willing. I think he could easily become a top 5 overall TE in the league by 2020 because I think he could be top 8 or so in both receiving AND blocking. And that's a HUGE weapon when your TE doesn't tip your hand at all for what kind of play will be called.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd agree because he's way more valuable running routes.

BUT.

Njoku was a top 10 rated blocking TE in the league post-bye week. He's incredibly strong and very willing. I think he could easily become a top 5 overall TE in the league by 2020 because I think he could be top 8 or so in both receiving AND blocking. And that's a HUGE weapon when your TE doesn't tip your hand at all for what kind of play will be called.

You mean when he’s 24? Lol

Archived