Browns to sign Darren Fells, TE, 3yr/12 million

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

4 million is 2.25% of the salary cap.

Is that really that awful?

Not to mention he has decent hands and can slip out and make a catch on 3rd down, in the redzone, etc. I imagine whoever we plug in at left tackle to try to fill JTs shoes is going to need some help early on, so 4 million for a guy you can put over there for extra protection plus slip out into some patterns seems like a pretty solid move to me given how much cap room we have to play with.

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

Not to mention he has decent hands and can slip out and make a catch on 3rd down, in the redzone, etc. I imagine whoever we plug in at left tackle to try to fill JTs shoes is going to need some help early on, so 4 million for a guy you can put over there for extra protection plus slip out into some patterns seems like a pretty solid move to me given how much cap room we have to play with.

Exactly.

He, Njoku and DeValve look pretty solid to me.

On 3/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd agree because he's way more valuable running routes.

BUT.

Njoku was a top 10 rated blocking TE in the league post-bye week. He's incredibly strong and very willing. I think he could easily become a top 5 overall TE in the league by 2020 because I think he could be top 8 or so in both receiving AND blocking. And that's a HUGE weapon when your TE doesn't tip your hand at all for what kind of play will be called.

Njokus skillset reminds me of Jimmy Graham--hes a capable blocker when asked but his athletisism and receiving ability as a pass catcher far outweighs him being held in-line.

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Njokus skillset reminds me of Jimmy Graham--hes a capable blocker when asked but his athletisism and receiving ability as a pass catcher far outweighs him being held in-line.

His comparison coming out was

Travis Kelce

ive seen that

but dude shouldn’t need to block glad Falles is here 

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

For sure.

He was also a WR in high school IIRC, so he’s still pretty new to the blocking roles of a TE.

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

His comparison coming out was

Travis Kelce

ive seen that

but dude shouldn’t need to block glad Falles is here 

Meh, I dont see Travis Kelce. Njoku is far more athletic and is a jump ball TE whereas Kelce is more of a technician and better route runner. If anything I could see Njoku being compared a lot to Jordan Reed.

Also, Kelce is not much of a blocker lol

FondGiftedGull-max-1mb.gif

Archived