Jets will sign OL Spencer Long

jetskid007

I like this move. He was hurt most of the season last year and is still pretty young for an OL guy. He can G or C which I think is huge. I love for us to pick Daniels from Iowa because he can play G or C too and he will be a stud in a few years. We also could get Price in like the 4th round I think because he has dropped since he got hurt. I would take Daniels in the 2nd round if he is still there. 

We lost DaQuan, I hope we don't lose this guy too. I too like his versatility. We can move him to C if we wind up picking Nelson sixth overall. OR, we can cut Carpenter and make him the LG if we pick a center in the second or third round. 

I will be worried if this does not happen today, though.

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We lost DaQuan, I hope we don't lose this guy too. I too like his versatility. We can move him to C if we wind up picking Nelson sixth overall. OR, we can cut Carpenter and make him the LG if we pick a center in the second or third round. 

I will be worried if this does not happen today, though.

He's already signed

We are assuming Spencer Long is being brought in to play Center.  I can see a scenario where the Jets drafts a Center and trade James Carpenter during the draft.  Spencer Long would move over to Left Guard while the rookie starts at Center.

Archived