2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

Can’t believe what I’m seeing. Just capitulation.2nd goal was just so bad on so many levels. I hope it’s not the end for Conte but it sure feels like it. Just have to wait till I wake up tomorrow and hear the news. 

Can someone tell me what happened in the first half?

9 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Top 6 clubs should be queuing up for Doucoure in the summer

He had a rough start when he came and had gotten markedly better, but then again he didn’t cost 40 mil.

Baka isn’t the reason why we are playing poorly but he’s not doing himself any favours. 

On 2/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Can’t believe what I’m seeing. Just capitulation.2nd goal was just so bad on so many levels. I hope it’s not the end for Conte but it sure feels like it. Just have to wait till I wake up tomorrow and hear the news. 

Can someone tell me what happened in the first half?

I wonder if there is something to the rumors from earlier in the season that Conte lost the locker room after he pushed Costa out of the club via text.

1 hour ago, Imarobot said:

I wonder if there is something to the rumors from earlier in the season that Conte lost the locker room after he pushed Costa out of the club via text.

Not buying that crap. It would have some credence if we weren’t playing well for pretty much the first half of the year . We have had a bad start to year and a pretty horrible 7 days, let’s not act like it’s a year long problem. And those things tend to be noticeable in effort like pressing, not tracking back. Just sloppy play, predictable play up top, lack of ideas. Past two games defensively we have been poor. 

On 07/02/2018 at 3:08 AM, Kip Smithers said:

Not buying that crap. It would have some credence if we weren’t playing well for pretty much the first half of the year . We have had a bad start to year and a pretty horrible 7 days, let’s not act like it’s a year long problem. And those things tend to be noticeable in effort like pressing, not tracking back. Just sloppy play, predictable play up top, lack of ideas. Past two games defensively we have been poor. 

I just don’t get it with Chelsea. The issues certainly go beyond the manager losing the dressing room as it seems to be something that happens all the time. Mourinho, AVB, Ancellotti and now Conte all appear to have lost the dressing room. 

Part of it probably comes from upstairs and the willingness to change managers quickly, therefore making the players feel more entrenched than the manager. You look at the success the likes of United had under Fergie, or the success NE has had under BB and a lot of it stems from the players having to accept the way of the manager/ HC as they have full organisational backing.

Another part of it is the non-existent route to the first team. There’s no one behind the first team challenging for a bigger role since most of them are off on loan somewhere, or not at a stage to challenge. How many young players could have contributed at Chelsea that were just never given the chance? That’s another thing that makes the players too comfortable and causes issues like this.

What Dembele does for a team is something you can’t measure in goals and assists. Particularly in the big games, his ball retention is excellent. Arsenal couldn’t get the ball of him. My brother who is an Arsenal fan was getting annoyed at him because he was so good with the ball.

Archived