2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

Stream kept buffering, but from what I saw we did nothing but spectate the whole game. Did nothing going forward. 3 shots the whole game and none on target. Basically played the game with no belief that we could win this game. Remember City played 3rd game in 7 games and we had a 7 game break. I don’t understand playing Hazard up top when you’re not gonna have the possession. That’s ridiculous.

How to play City is certainly a conundrum. Try to play and get blown off the park like Arsenal or sit back like Chelsea, and still get beaten.

Liverpool and Shaktar are the only teams who have really tested City and that's with all out attacks. Idk how you play them successfully to be honest.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

How to play City is certainly a conundrum. Try to play and get blown off the park like Arsenal or sit back like Chelsea, and still get beaten.

Liverpool and Shaktar are the only teams who have really tested City and that's with all out attacks. Idk how you play them successfully to be honest.

City broke the record for passes in a PL game. 900. I repeat 900 against Chelsea. Our ball retention was poor and one of the rare times I blame Conte. He played Hazard up top which is useless for two reasons vs City, one he’s tiny and when City press you high and force you to kick long, you have nobody to target, it’s just giving back possession. Secondly Hazard is one of best ball retaining players in the league and you basically eliminated him from that. When you don’t have the ball I get sitting back and restricting space but you at least have to close down and have an outlet if you do get the ball rather than just booting it upfield to give them back possession,

6 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

As a Chelsea fan, does it bother you that that group of guys has quit on two managers in three years, or do you support their protest?

They haven’t quit on the manager. People say this after every bad result. Yesterday was horrible, absent that clip. But this notion that these players have quit is getting ridiculous.

Can't believe we got anything from that. Don't like to be negative, especially after a win, but we were pretty poor for the majority of that match. That Matic goal was just amazing... can't believe we actually scored 3.

I've tried to defended Pogba plenty of times but he's below par at the moment. Sanchez is even worse.

Archived