2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

4 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

My West Ham preview really failed to take into account just how bad Bilic is.

Still think they've got the squad to push for a top half finish under different management but it's honestly ridiculous how often they show up looking completely unprepared and hopeless. 

It's week 1 bro, chill, I had Huddersfield finishing 20th not 2nd. 

Are we really crowning United because Romelu Lukaka and Pogba showed up against a mid-table team the way they always do? When they beat City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Everton (and moreso the first 3) I'll be impressed. Not to say I wasn't but Week 1 in a 30+ week campaign wont do it for me. City looked ready to run away with the Table after 6 weeks last year... We see how that worked out.

On 8/12/2017 at 7:30 AM, Imarobot said:

Then Cesc was shown a yellow a few moments later for 'dissent' because he clapped after another poor call

Not sure what you're complaining about there.  That's textbook dissent.  Sarcastically making fun of an official as ridicule is dissent.

On 8/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, texans_uk said:

Sorry bud, but it's true. Eventually people will forget about it, like they did with Chelsea after Roman arrived. But let's face it nobody out the UK knew there was 2 clubs in Manchester before 2008.

Hey now!  Bolton qualified for (some variety of) European football during the tail end of the Fat Sam era.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40931420

Premier League clubs debating on whether to change the transfer window date, so it closes before the season starts. Would be a massive change and one which is perhaps needed. Wouldn't change the Coutinho situation, really. Other than the fact that Premier League clubs would almost surely turn down anything unless the player is surpluss to requiremenets.

Archived