2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

4 minutes ago, teamorange said:

Works hard, tracks back, and decent goal scorer/passer. Then again defending really doesn't mean much when you are down 1-0 vs stoke lol

Yeah, Weleck is a good squad player and is able to retain the ball, stretch the defense, and create some chaos.  But he's never going to be a goal scorer, he should be the first to come off when we're chasing goals.

1 hour ago, teamorange said:

Works hard, tracks back, and decent goal scorer/passer. Then again defending really doesn't mean much when you are down 1-0 vs stoke lol

Mourinho would love him.

6 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Not things I look for in a CF TBH 

Welbeck doesn't play as a CF anymore.

7 hours ago, xenajets said:

Your right we need to produce against the better quality teams but I see a difference from last year to this. We would of looked to sit back and defend a 1-0 lead last year which would come back to haunt us.

This year we are looking to kill teams off with more goals. I think it's more the mind set and philosophy that may be different. Fingers crossed Jose maintains this style of play and doesn't revert to parking the bus.

Yeah, we will see if Jose reverts to type once they play a team that doesn't look like relegation fodder.

It looks like Chelsea will line up:

Morata

Willian Moses

Alonso Kante Bakayoko Azpi

Rudiger Luiz Christensen

Interesting that Moses is playing higher up and Bakayoko is already ready to start. 

15 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Huddersfield is my jam. Mooy is so fricking good.

They are pretty much every Australian's second favourite EPL team this season because of Mooy I think.

He's kinda awkward but when he's on his game, his passing is awesome to watch

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

They are pretty much every Australian's second favourite EPL team this season because of Mooy I think.

He's kinda awkward but when he's on his game, his passing is awesome to watch

His all around game is pretty great. There haven't been many promoted sides who have a player like him who can just dictate games. Great result for Huddersfield and six for six is as good as start as you can ask for. 

Archived