UKTexans

2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

7 minutes ago, PAW said:

Why buy Danilo then?  How often are they going to play 4 in the back this year? I don't mind Sane there, just saying if he was going to be utilized there this year there was no point in going out and spending 120 million on 3 fullbacks/wing backs.

Lol @ Stones putting his hand up for offsides instead of paying attention to who was making runs into the box.  So glad Everton prevented Chelsea from signing him.

We'll see what he has in mind, solid FB to have nonetheless.

Walker. That's one big waste of money.

53 minutes ago, PAW said:

Really harsh card to send someone off

I agree it was harsh as a stand-alone foul (or even as a foul, period), but despite what the commentators over here were trying to contend (that "he looked back" thus making it cynical), I think it had far more to do with the timing.  Madley is something of an ego-case to begin with, and he's the sort that will take fouling so soon after being cautioned/booked, unnecessarily, personally.  Michael Oliver, who Madley regularly works with, is very similar.

47 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Everton why didnt you press them when you have a man advantage?

Played not to lose, which is never a good thing.

2 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Played not to lose, which is never a good thing.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that.  They subbed on Gylfi and Klaasen in order to not be pinned back so much, but City just had too much firepower even with 10 men.

In all his title wins with Chelsea, once Jose Mourinho hits the top he doesn't relinquish it. 

FWIW, I would have Luiz second behind Toby. The guy is an absolute tank. Perfect CB 3.