UKTexans

2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

3 minutes ago, teamorange said:

I think he has 3 or 4 red cards in his past 20 games or something like that

I love the look of surprise 

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Yeah I've never loved Ozil during his time at Arsenal, and these past few seasons have done his reputation no favors. I'm curious to think what the Arsenal fans on this board think of him (as they watch him every week, where as I don't), but to me he's as you said, a luxury player. Will put up fantastic performances against weaker sides, but can't be relied upon against better teams. Was completely invisible today, and when Arsenal have played Liverpool, he hasn't really stood out.

Ozil is a goldilocks player.  He needs everything to be perfect in order for him to be effective player, or else he's a liability.  But let's be clear: Ozil was not at fault for the result today.  The tactics were completely wrong and Arsenal's midfield was a trouble area, as it has been for years.  Cazorla held it together with his unqique skillset, but in his absence we just get overrun by any good team.  Ramsey is miscast as a CM, Xhaka is technically good but very unathletic and probably a bad fit for the EPL, Coquelin is not good enough in possession, and Elneny is decent but nothing more.

12 hours ago, charger-man said:

Ozil is a goldilocks player.  He needs everything to be perfect in order for him to be effective player, or else he's a liability.  But let's be clear: Ozil was not at fault for the result today.  The tactics were completely wrong and Arsenal's midfield was a trouble area, as it has been for years.  Cazorla held it together with his unqique skillset, but in his absence we just get overrun by any good team.  Ramsey is miscast as a CM, Xhaka is technically good but very unathletic and probably a bad fit for the EPL, Coquelin is not good enough in possession, and Elneny is decent but nothing more.

I think you could make that argument for most players in Arsenal's squad. There really aren't many players that they have that I would take over Liverpool's squad. Sanchez definitely, Kos, Cech and maybe Monreal. 

So the times has an article up saying that Crystal Palace might sack De Boer and replace him with Allardyce.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/crystal-palace-may-seek-return-for-sam-allardyce-d2qmbgp92

I know De Boer has struggled, but as it's been only 3 games, it seems a little bit premature. I don't think he's a top manager, and CP have looked dire, however I'd give him till November at least.

35 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So the times has an article up saying that Crystal Palace might sack De Boer and replace him with Allardyce.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/crystal-palace-may-seek-return-for-sam-allardyce-d2qmbgp92

I know De Boer has struggled, but as it's been only 3 games, it seems a little bit premature. I don't think he's a top manager, and CP have looked dire, however I'd give him till November at least.

Didn't Allardyce retire like four months ago? Why would he come back to the same job?

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Didn't Allardyce retire like four months ago? Why would he come back to the same job?

Like Harry Redknapp and Neil Warnock they miss it. 

Allardyce has had his summer off and has probably now realised he has to do something to keep him occupied. The man has football in his veins. 

Kompany just can't stay healthy. Huge loss facing Liverpool's attack. 

Lost a little respect for Jurgen Klopp. Being more concerned about the Red than Ederson being stretchered off.

1 hour ago, Imarobot said:

zcMqdM7.jpg

I can't believe there are people who think this isn't a straight red card...

It's a red card because it is very dangerous play but that picture makes it look much worse than it was.

Kane nets his 100th with Spurs. I like Sanchez, who starts for first time with Tottenham today. Up 1-0 on Everton so far.

Edited by I_GET_SAX
  • Like 1