2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

47 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Shelvey is such an idiot lol

Sure is. Completely threw that game away for being an idiot. 

Both goals for Spurs were brilliant. Alli is a fantastic player, his only real weakness is his temperament. 

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Sure is. Completely threw that game away for being an idiot. 

Both goals for Spurs were brilliant. Alli is a fantastic player, his only real weakness is his temperament. 

Yeah, that temperament is a large part of his game, though. Just need to harness it. 

Easy win in the end. We huffed and puffed in the first half, but there was only ever one team in it. Shelvey just put the dagger into Newcastles hopes. Both great goals.

11 minutes ago, kempus said:

Yeah, that temperament is a large part of his game, though. Just need to harness it. 

Easy win in the end. We huffed and puffed in the first half, but there was only ever one team in it. Shelvey just put the dagger into Newcastles hopes. Both great goals.

I agree that Spurs would have likely got there anyway but, like you said, he effectively ended Newcastle's chances just like that. 

What did you make of Kyle Walker-Peters? I am sure he had some opening day nerves but Spurs were definitely lacking something down that right side in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I agree that Spurs would have likely got there anyway but, like you said, he effectively ended Newcastle's chances just like that. 

What did you make of Kyle Walker-Peters? I am sure he had some opening day nerves but Spurs were definitely lacking something down that right side in my opinion. 

I thought he was pretty superb. He was the second best player on the pitch, behind Eriksen, imo. He had Sissoko in front of him. That's probably why we were lacking going forwards haha. Newcastle also gave zero space out wide. Pressed like madmen every time we tried to pass out wide.

Archived