2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

13 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Referee with a MOTM performance 

It's Bobby Madley who is one of those refs more concerned with his own ego and being on camera than anything else.  But ultimately, he let both sides play (probably too) physically pretty equally.

West Brom should have had a PK off of Mustafi's foul (Pulis hilariously doesn't understand the rules if he thinks that's a sending off AND a PK worth foul), Arsenal were awarded one after having more than fair arguments for two to three others prior.  The thing I think Madley deserves harsh criticism for more than anything is not giving Dawson a second yellow (I get that they're trailing on the road, but that lazy trail leg was something he'd been on multiple West Brom players about all match long and on Dawson at least once prior).  Meanwhile, I've heard account from several season ticket holders that Pulis was literally screaming "kick them" from the touch line.  Such a miserable excuse for a manager.

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy could miss most of the rest of the season after City confirmed that he had ruptured knee ligaments.

Huge blow to City, he was killing teams down the left in the few games he played. 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I think a front three of Jesus, Mane and Sterling will still prove pretty potent. 

Sane.

And yes, that'd still be close to, if not the best forward line in the EPL.  Plus Bernando Silva is a decent first guy off the bench

Archived