2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I played the sport, almost certainly, longer and at a higher level than anyone on this site and I've reffed.  Respectfully, if you believe that, you don't know what you're talking about.  You can't lock off an arm and then dive at the legs of said player, that's getting called every time because of its potential to injure.

You're not the only one that has played football. And you don't even have to have played football to know if it's a foul or not. Mike Dean called a foul because he thought he tugged his shirt in which he didn't. Football isn't a non-contact sport. Sanchez was more physical than Alexis and he got the ball. So I know exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know what football you played or watched to think that's a foul. 

21 hours ago, The LBC said:

If all he'd done was ensnare the arm (he lifted his hand to ensure he had Sanchez's arm barred), I'd agree.  But when you do that and go to ground, thus bringing the man down with you, it's a foul every time.  Mustafi was offside, but he was also held by the shirt.  After falling victim to shoddy offsides calls and non-calls this season (the match prior to this one in particular), I have exactly zero sympathy for Spurs.

Also, Poch brought the salt in his interview.  "Xhaka should have been sent off."  Yeah, but Kane for a cynical studs-up challenge from behind was a saint, hmm?

I didn’t think he pulled him down as such. My first thought was that him sliding for the ball and catching Sanchez after having played the ball caused him to fall. 

I never got called for one of those and I did it all the time, so based on my experience I thought the defender was unlucky. I never quite made the EPL though...

As you know yourself, having stuff go for and against you is all part of the game. It doesn’t make you feel better about it when it happens though. Poch will just be disappointed with a poor performance. Always better to say nothing in those circumstances.

23 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Mo Salah, top scorer with 9 goals at this point, who'd have thought. Brilliant transfer.

Southampton are poo. They're regressing year by year and their decisons at the manager position have been dreadful since Koeman left.

Thing is Poch and Koeman had a style and that suited Southampton. Their recent hires have just been sporadic tactically. 

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I dunno I just figure West Brom would go the recycled manager route. They do have new ownership as well, so he will have some resources at his disposal

Chris Coleman is probably kicking himself tonight. He took probably the worst job in football.

On 19/11/2017 at 2:34 PM, AustrianNiner said:

Mo Salah, top scorer with 9 goals at this point, who'd have thought. Brilliant transfer.

Southampton are poo. They're regressing year by year and their decisons at the manager position have been dreadful since Koeman left.

I thought Salah was brilliant at Roma. He’s just incredibly one footed.

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I thought Salah was brilliant at Roma. He’s just incredibly one footed.

He was, but he also missed quite a lot of chances. He still missed some sitters this season but his chance conversion has been way better than last season. His right foot really is his only weakness.

3 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

He was, but he also missed quite a lot of chances. He still missed some sitters this season but his chance conversion has been way better than last season. His right foot really is his only weakness.

Yeah, I remember watching a CL game where he was clean through and all he had to do was pick his spot on his right foot.

Instead he pulls it back onto his left and the defenders caught him up. 

I genuinely think it holds him back from being considered world class. 

15 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I dunno I just figure West Brom would go the recycled manager route. They do have new ownership as well, so he will have some resources at his disposal

Looks like you might have been right, if you believe the papers. 

Archived