2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

On 2/10/2018 at 8:28 PM, LeeEvans said:

None better at driving forward from midfield. Tremendous power and technique that, as you said, is unique. 

I've always compared him to Yaya in that regard. Even when he was considered one of the best midfielders in the world, I always thought Dembele was pretty similar and underrated.

2 hours ago, Imarobot said:

I've always compared him to Yaya in that regard. Even when he was considered one of the best midfielders in the world, I always thought Dembele was pretty similar and underrated.

Yeah, probably the only player I can think of thats comparable. Yaya just had a much better end product.

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Juve were poor after the first 10 mins. First half they really struggled. Second half was a better but if any team looked like scoring it was Spurs. Sat back too much. Dybala and Matuidi need to be back ASAP.

Dembele blew them off the park. They had no idea how to stop him. This is probably the best and most consistent I've ever seen him play. He's been so much more direct recently too.

7 hours ago, kempus said:

Dembele blew them off the park. They had no idea how to stop him. This is probably the best and most consistent I've ever seen him play. He's been so much more direct recently too.

Eriksen was the best player on that pitch yesterday, repeatedly lost him. Dembele was just being Dembele, just continuously breaking through midfield and causing trouble to the back line

On 13/02/2018 at 2:26 AM, kempus said:

Yeah, probably the only player I can think of thats comparable. Yaya just had a much better end product.

Yaya in his prime was unstoppable. 

I remember when Vieira was like that too. Just walking through the midfield. 

On 13/02/2018 at 10:49 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Juve were poor after the first 10 mins. First half they really struggled. Second half was a better but if any team looked like scoring it was Spurs. Sat back too much. Dybala and Matuidi need to be back ASAP.

Juve can't afford to sit in London, which I think will play into Spurs hands. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived