OLB Kareem Martin formerly of Cardinals signs with Giants

Acgott

9 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

4.5 sacks in 56 games. What a beast! Man, we're really lighting it up in FA so far!

@bzane Please, grace us with one of your patented satire posts. We are in dire need of it.

He’s a solid rotational guy that knows bettchers system. He can play multiple positions. Def doesn’t hurt 

3 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

He’s a solid rotational guy that knows bettchers system. He can play multiple positions. Def doesn’t hurt 

That's fine, but I feel like these are the type of signing you like to see later on in Free Agency. Typically, you'd like to see your team bring in more coveted players early on before the other teams get them. Then you can worry about the guys nobody really wants.

2 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

That's fine, but I feel like these are the type of signing you like to see later on in Free Agency. Typically, you'd like to see your team bring in more coveted players early on before the other teams get them. Then you can worry about the guys nobody really wants.

What players did you want with what money?

1 minute ago, w4rrior723 said:

Agree on that front. Both of our signings could  of been later. Also Marshall and Harris gotta go. Then wonder why we really can’t holdup in a bidding war. We NEEEEEED solder 

58 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

4.5 sacks in 56 games. What a beast! Man, we're really lighting it up in FA so far!

@bzane Please, grace us with one of your patented satire posts. We are in dire need of it.

"Goodwill" Gettleman: Frugal Football Is Back In Town

Giants' GM Pinches Pennies, Secretaries' Behinds

"Right hand to God, that's all there was out there!"

Image result for Dave Gettleman

Thrifty GM finds players in odd places.

Image result for bargain basement

While other teams cough up big bucks for big-name free-agents, Giants snag bargains! 

(Scouts' comments listed)

RB Jon Stewart: "Old. Slow. Stiff. Declining player. Caught a pass one time. Still has both legs. Same age as Eli Apple's mother, maybe they'll date!"

Image result for Jon Stewart

Not that one!!!

Oh, sorry!

Image result for old football player

That the guy?

LB (or something) Kareem Martin: "Never heard of him. Doesn't come up on Google. Hands out autographs to kids; they usually give them back."

WASSAAAAAAAAPPP???

Image result for kareem martin NFL

Re-Sign:

OL Joe Tilapia: "Cheaper than Salmon at Applebee's; tastes like crap"

Image result for tilapia

Knows the scheme, and is great against the run. Which is good cause we need get back to stifling Elliot, and Ajayi. To get back to slowing down those offenses. 

Looks like Getty is trying to make minor adjustments and wash the bad juju out of the locker room and see if we can get back to 11-5 team from 2016. Idk how likely that is, but just my take on all the moves he's making. 

Kareem Martin just isn't good, so this is interesting. Seems like we only signed him because of his experience in Bettcher's defense. He is a 2 down, run stopping guy that most of the time lined up with his hand in the dirt, so I don't know when he will actually get playing time over JPP or Vernon. I guess we will see. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

What da heck. Giants fans exist??????????

Ohhhh, there's a few of us left........ little shell-shocked after last season, and the whole Reese-McAdoo Era. But hanging in. You always hope, ya know? Must admit some of these Gettleman signings are a little strange, but we'll see...........

Image result for Marge Gunderson Oh Yah you betcha

Archived