Browns to sign CB Terrance Mitchell, 3yrs/12 million

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Ive really started to lose faith in PFF. Too many occasions where their grades dont pass the eye test. Our new CBs make me think we will apply more man-to-man coverage. Maybe Dorsey is forcing it on Williams.

IMO Williams loves to play man to man but last year, he didnt have the talent on the outside to play the coverage he truly wanted to use.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

IMO Williams loves to play man to man but last year, he didnt have the talent on the outside to play the coverage he truly wanted to use.

People keep saying this, but how true is it? 

Jamar Taylor had the best season of his careeer the year before playing man, BBC played well also.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People keep saying this, but how true is it? 

Jamar Taylor had the best season of his careeer the year before playing man, BBC played well also.

Previous stops he never ran defense with both outside guys constantly 7yards off the ball with an extreme high safety 30yards off the ball. Something caused Greg Williams to have a weird system last year 

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Previous stops he never ran defense with both outside guys constantly 7yards off the ball with an extreme high safety 30yards off the ball. Something caused Greg Williams to have a weird system last year 

I know, but at what point can we call BS on this idea he didn’t have corners good enough to run a traditional NFL defense? Our top 3 corners have shown an ability to play in this league.  They aren’t all pros or anything, but they’re not helpless out there either.

I realize I’m prolly in the minority here, but I think some of it was just thumbing their nose at the front office.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know, but at what point can we call BS on this idea he didn’t have corners good enough to run a traditional NFL defense? Our top 3 corners have shown an ability to play in this league.  They aren’t all pros or anything, but they’re not helpless out there either.

I realize I’m prolly in the minority here, but I think some of it was just thumbing their nose at the front office.

We know something caused him to not run a traditional defense because when have we ever seen a safety play that constantly deep. 

If a coach is doing that to piss off the FO, that coach needs to be fired because he is hurting the development of players 

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

This wasn't true in his last two years with the Rams or his first year here.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

We know something caused him to not run a traditional defense because when have we ever seen a safety play that constantly deep. 

If a coach is doing that to piss off the FO, that coach needs to be fired because he is hurting the development of players 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Williams the wimp got on board the Hueball "we don't have good enough players to win" train so , yes, it was.

I think Dorsey has seen right through that crap, gotten "good enough players to win" and turned the tables on those two.

54 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Williams the wimp got on board the Hueball "we don't have good enough players to win" train so , yes, it was.

I think Dorsey has seen right through that crap, gotten "good enough players to win" and turned the tables on those two.

I agree it’s the idea they didn’t have the players to win much, but that was kind of the plan.  The goal was to be in position to select a QB if Kizer wasn’t the man.  The plan worked.

That said, it doesn’t mean the coaches needed to pout and run extreme schemes to try to make some sort of point everyone already knew.

I said from the beginning of last season, IDGAF about win, Hue can go 0-16 and we should still bring him back as long as he keeps the players engaged.  Of course once he decided to try to play part time GM, throw FO staff under the bus, bullshtting fans, I was done.

Archived