OT Nate Solder signs with Giants

Acgott

Scary hearing "highest paid left tackle" but we need to spend to turn this thing around and it is massively important to see if Flowers can excel at another position on the line. If he does, we can actually retain a draft pick. Solder comes from a top-notch organization so hopefully he will bring some leadership and professionalism. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Any chance Pugh resigns? 

I don't think so.  A family member of mine that knows Pugh (I know how this sounds, but its not being made up and is hardly great inside info) said he had his heart set on going to Jax and reuniting with Couglin.  He also seems to be fed up with the Giants moving him around the line and just wants to play guard.

I love this move. Tackles are by far the hardest position to fill. Is he the best OT in the league, of course not. But in free agency you have to pay good players great money. I am glad we paid big money for a tackle then can easily find guard help in the draft and lesser tier free agents than paying a guard big money and having no idea where we are going to get our LT.

2 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I don't think so.  A family member of mine that knows Pugh (I know how this sounds, but its not being made up and is hardly great inside info) said he had his heart set on going to Jax and reuniting with Couglin.  He also seems to be fed up with the Giants moving him around the line and just wants to play guard.

Gosh- would Jacksonville have any money for a free-agent contract for Pugh, after the exorbitant Norwell signing?

And, he wants only to play guard- would the Jags pay a second guard in free-agency?

1 minute ago, bzane said:

Gosh- would Jacksonville have any money for a free-agent contract for Pugh, after the exorbitant Norwell signing?

And, he wants only to play guard- would the Jags pay a second guard in free-agency?

No, this was about 3 weeks ago, apparently the Jags didn't want him as bad as Norwell, lol.  I was more alluding to the fact that I don't think the Giants want him and apparently he no longer wants to be a Giant.  Without a market though who knows, maybe they can circle back to it.

12 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

No, this was about 3 weeks ago, apparently the Jags didn't want him as bad as Norwell, lol.  I was more alluding to the fact that I don't think the Giants want him and apparently he no longer wants to be a Giant.  Without a market though who knows, maybe they can circle back to it.

You may be right, after Norwell left the Giants weeping at the altar. Me, I'm still hoping for Quenton Nelson, somehow- I think he and Nate Solder could be a revelation on the left side.

Joe Thomas just retired after being an All-Pro LT for 11 years. His team only came close to making the playoff once.

I'd be furious if we picked Nelson at #2. Great lineman aren't the automatic franchise-defining players some of you think them to be, and they're far from bust-proof. 

Archived