Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill goes down on a scramble.

Farsendor1

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If it's bad, Cutler makes a lot of sense here for all the reasons stated. I'm also a big Brett Hundley fan, but I doubt Miami wants to throw draft capital to go after what's hopefully a one year fix.

I think Cutler makes a ton of sense and would have to be the guy, especially if he's out the year. Cutler had one of his best seasons with Gase, right?

Just now, Forge said:

I think Cutler makes a ton of sense and would have to be the guy, especially if he's out the year. Cutler had one of his best seasons with Gase, right?

Highest QB Rating of his career that year.

Plus, Miami has a nice group of weapons and should be in the playoff conversation. It's not a perfect fix, but it's about as good of a temporary solution as you can find during the preseason (especially without having to give up picks). This, of course, depends on the severity of the injury.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I hope that Tannehill is OK, but if he isn't, the Browns have a playoff-tested QB that they'd be willing to move.  

Maybe a conditional pick that starts as a 4th, but could possibly make its way to a 2nd if he performs well for you?

Side note.....if this were to happen, Sashi Brown should be awarded the Executive of the Year award upon the announcement of the trade.

Oh hell. Osweiler? I don't wish that on the Dolphins.

18 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Just a hyperextension. It calls into question the stability of his knee though. Remember he didn't do surgery for the *partial* ACL tear and opted for stem cell treatments instead (this seems to be a recent trend in the NFL).

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Just a hyperextension. It calls into question the stability of his knee though. Remember he didn't do surgery for the *partial* ACL tear and opted for stem cell treatments instead (this seems to be a recent trend in the NFL).

Slap a big ol' brace on it and don't scramble anymore for a while. He'll be alright.

12 hours ago, Farsendor1 said:

Media is throwing Cutler out there and everything is to soon. Don't know what the injury is or if there is even an injury at this point we just know he was taken off the field and Dolphins camp got less intense. 

I don't follow any Dolphins beat writers, insiders or anything so if there is any update I probably won't be the one to see it. 

Realistically, Cutler would make sense because he's largely familiar with Gase and Gase's system, I believe.  I do actually think Gase could work with and get something out of Kaep, but realistically, if Cutler wanted to come out of retirement and sign, he'd probably be the easier transition.

Archived